Advanced Marketing Concepts, Inc.

Have a question about an opportunity you've discovered? This is the place to ask these questions and get honest feedback from our members!

Advanced Marketing Concepts, Inc.

Postby ThomasEliot on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Avertisements

This MLM program has been around for several years now. It is run by Bob and Jayne Guzzetti. Though their booklet sounds intriguing, I was recently put off by some of the horror stories posted on the internet about multi-level marketing in general. I was wondering if any one has any direct experience with this company, or knows of others who have such, who can either vouch for it or provide warning.

AMC, as it is called, can be found at the following link:
http://www.amc-usa.com/info/

Although most of their marketing is done through post card distribution, they do have a limited online presence. I've tried searching Google for more information, but only with limited success and no reviews.

Thanks to any who are able to competently reply to this request.
For the absolute best information on Affiliate Marketing with no nonsense or B.S. check out: Lazy Super-Affiliate | Free Course on Building Mini-Sites | Need a registry cleaner? Look here first: Registry Repair Reviews
ThomasEliot

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: Advanced Marketing Concepts, Inc.

Postby ThomasEliot on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:11 am

In the past, I've not been a big fan of Multi Level Marketing. And now I'm remembering why.

For the benefit of anyone looking into this opportunity, AMC is indeed a legitimate company, in business for several years. Their promo booklet touches upon this history, endeavoring to show how the thinking of company's founders has evolved over the years. They promote a forced matrix compensation plan, which they say is the "best" way of designing an MLM program. And while that may be a matter of opinion, on the surface, and in theory, it does look impressive on paper. Too bad it doesn't always work out that way in reality for everyone who becomes involved.

The program at AMC is powered by a 3X3 forced matrix. I did a little more research into this model and found out that forced matrixes, though good for the company, are not always good for the member. They limit the potential return to the member. Also, the compensation plan is rigged for low payouts to members ($5 for each person in the 39 member downline of the 3X3 matrix, with a $10 bonus for those who were personally sponsored). If the payouts were reversed, say $10 for each person in the downline no matter how they were brought in with a $5 bonus for each personally sponsored, then it may begin to make up for the low payout in general. But this isn't going to happen with AMC. At least in the former instance, with 39 people in your 3X3 matrix downline, that would mean a minimum of $390 per month income rather than a minimum of $195 per month at $5 per head, adding on the occasional $10 bonuses for those who personally sponsored a few members into their downline rather than be forced to receive a majority of their downline in spillover.

From what I can see, the amount of financial investment and work involved in building a profitable downline with this program is far out weighted by the low return on investment and the length of time it takes to build a decent monthly income. One's money, time, and interest would be better and more profitably spent working with a better designed business model. The AMC program looks good from the outside, but when you dig a little deeper, you realize that it is designed so that the financial interests of the company thrives and not necessarily the financial interests of its members. And then there's the matter of natural downline attrition — maintaining the participation of your downline.
For the absolute best information on Affiliate Marketing with no nonsense or B.S. check out: Lazy Super-Affiliate | Free Course on Building Mini-Sites | Need a registry cleaner? Look here first: Registry Repair Reviews
ThomasEliot

Postby hollow on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

I feel very sorry for people who didn’t read the book from start to finish… The AMC is a great mlm company. If you read the book careful you’ll understand how the matrix works. It doesn’t stop at 3 levels. Please read not skip around the booklet… Giving people wrong ideas about companies bad for business. Also AMC offers double $25 Fast Start Bonus, promotes Team building.. Again Please Read and understand the concept before you give information to other people. Great company..
hollow

Postby paulie on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:30 am

Frankly I don't trust this company. I read their booklet but it seemed as if they glossed over any negatives and made everything sound so easy. I did some further research and decided against joining. They continued to occasionally email me over the course of many months even though I followed their instructions to unsubscribe each time. I finally had to send them a very firmly worded email to stop spammimg me. If their offer was so good, they wouldn't need to resort to this type of marketing garbage. Hope this helps.
paulie

Postby NewRealms on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:04 am

Thomas,

DO NOT join any organization until you have carefully reviewed their Policies and Procedures. It is vital that you read through this document BEFORE you plunk down any money or spend any of your precious time.

There are organizations out there that will let you build a huge business and then terminate you without cause. It's legal and it's all there in black and white if you had just read through the P&P's. If you don't want to go through it send it to me and I'll review it for you. Kind of a collector of these things.

Best regards,

RICK

Rick Lelchuk
Miami, FL, USA
305-816-9955
========================
Could This Be You?
Your Business. Your Life. Your Terms
The Next Entrepreneurs!
========================
Want to be... Inspired And In Business?
========================
NewRealms

Postby hollywood on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:18 pm

I am one of the lucky members whose AMC business took off right from the start. I started enrolling members immediately and everything was going fine until several members quit. This caused me to start questioning things, like I'd done before, and I put my breaks on and stopped mailing. I finally did contact AMC about this and was fortunate to have a conversation with Jayne Guzzetti that day, a day I'll never forget! The completely open and honest talk she had with me about how MLM really works and what to expect turned me around immediately and I am so thankful today. Now I know it's okay if some people quit and I know that it's the results of my total group that matters, not just mine. All businesses have set-backs! But the successful ones never let the setbacks stop them or get in their way. There's too much for me to share here that Jayne has taught me but I can tell you that I had quit a half dozen other MLM's because of my own ignorance. I encourage all of you to change your thinking, trust in and learn from those who've gone before you, and you can have a thriving business like I do now with AMC. Presently I'm earning $5,000.00 a month!
hollywood

Postby tippytappin on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

If you are still around, Hollywood, I would like to know how long it took you to build your business up to $5,000 a month. Thanks!
tippytappin

Postby kellyscott on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

you know
sometimes I wish i had a regular 8-5 job
i get so so many emails daily how to make money turning this key??? turning that key???
gets rather echo ,ish if you know what i mean?????

Im sorry to sound NOT JUMPING UP AND DOWN with excitment????
But its getting old........all the folks almost bowing down with joy telling teh same same old stories
my favorite is we now can take our kids out of daycare now we found this!!!!!!
and on and on???
ive tryed several sites and havent made a DIME....OR better yet a penny!!!!!
sorry
kelly
kellyscott

Postby donald152 on Sat May 14, 2011 9:52 am

I was recently involved with AMC-USA, Inc. They seemed to be very nice people and the promises were good sounding, but they are kind of back room when it comes to technology. I joined around the 1st of April, 2011. I invested about $300 right off the bat, not to the company but in postage and copies. I was also using their mailing service and paying a monthly amount to them as is described in their booklet ($70). No surprises here. The surprise came when they didn't take the money when they said they would, which is the 5th of the month (April). When they didn't take it, and there was no correspondence from them, I wasn't expecting them to do it until the 5th of the following month (May) because I came in so close to the 5th. Call me a bad business money manager. If I've got $70 in the bank and it's not going to be taken until the 5th of the following month, I may borrow from it on the 20th, knowing I will have another deposit coming in on the 1st to cover it. But, no, they had a computer glitch on the 5th of April and didn't get it corrected until the 25th. They tried to pull the money on the 25th, it over-drafted my account. They tried again on the 28th. Over-drafted again...now there's two overdrafts at $33 apiece, plus that caused another item to arrive with insufficient funds...another $33. I called and cancelled my membership, cutting the loss of my postage and copies. They promised they wouldn't try to take the $70 again, but they would not reimburse me for all the over drafts. Today I received notice that they took another $30 as a returned check charge. I'm on a fixed income and there is no way to cover that. I'm going to be in the red now until the end of May, and this is only the 14th.
donald152

Postby happymomma on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Just how do you figure it's their fault that you borrowed from the money causing an overdraft? That's all on you honey, and they were right not to pay it. As for AMC ...It's a business and like any business it takes time to grow and show a profit. AMC takes 12 to 18 months to break even and be in the money if you don't do additional mailings. There is no such thing as fast easy money with no work or no start up capitol. It's a business and it works.
happymomma

Postby wonderingabout on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Are you affiliated with AMC? I would appreciate any feedback about this company you may have. Thanks
wonderingabout

Postby PlumbJay on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 am

I thinks the business model of MLM companies is great, kind of like McDonald's franchise model where they take a franchise fee as well as a percentage of sales in exchange for a proven system.

So, can anyone tell me why is it so hard to convince people to join in on the MLM model? Or, a better question, how do you convince people to join in your MLM venture?
PlumbJay

Postby creeder31 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 pm

I have been in AMC for 2 years and 1 month with a total investment of about $1600.00. I have made a whopping $14.00 since I joined. Everyone says, be patient, it takes at least 18 months to break even. Hello....25 months and $14.00. That's a long way from breaking even. Oh, and I didn't get my $3.50 check this month, so I guess someone dropped out.
I have no intentions of wasting any more money with this company.
creeder31

Postby Luke J. on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm

I am with AMC for awhile. I have 4 people in my downline. This is a great business. *Edited
Luke J.

Postby justicenow on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm

I'll post what I know and its up to you to decide to move forward with Advanced Marketing Concepts.

After investing over two years and over $3,000 in this "business opportunity", the only thing I have to show for it are:

1. "commissions" totaling less than $200

and

2. four bad "commission" checks..the values of which are so low, I simply laughed when the bank refused to cash them...$12 simply wasn't worth the fight.

I had a downline - allegedly 15 or so people. This was good for the tidy sum of ~$5/month commission, but after subtracting the processing fee, the monthly check totaled $3.25.
justicenow

Return to Anyone Ever Heard of... ?