American Shopping Network?

Have a question about an opportunity you've discovered? This is the place to ask these questions and get honest feedback from our members!

American Shopping Network?

Postby kimberpemmo on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Avertisements

I know this is an unusual post but I have to ask considering I have been doing online surveys to pass time but I have found that some of the surveys give out your information to people that call you. I got a call tonight from some company called American Shopping Network and I was told I won a drawing and I could go on a trip to any where. I was told all I would have to do was pay $3.95 shipping for my winnings. I told the guy that I do not have any money and my account is overdrawn right now but thank you and he said "Yes so you have a debit card?" I told him I was pregnant and did not need to go on a trip, I was on bedrest and due any day now. He laughed at me and said, "Oh my god, If you do not have $3.95 maybe you should just sell your baby to get the money! What kind of sick joke was that. I told him to take me off his list and never call again and he said, "We are not telemarketers and we do not have to obide by the do not call list!" I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said it would be a five minute wait. I finally got his supervisor and told him his sales people are very unprofessional and that I did not want them to call me again. I said I would report them to the BBB and he said "what is that?" I am outraged that these people can harrass you and say degrading things about your family. I cannot find anything on them but beware.
http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=34330 For a new phone free with activation (Many different service providers). Also a Dish network with up to four recievers free installation.
kimberpemmo

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: American Shopping Network?

Postby ladybug on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:15 am

I was told all I would have to do was pay $3.95 shipping for my winnings.

OMG! How rude!! But, tastelessness and unprofessionalism aside, I hope you realize that anybody who tells you that you have to pay something in order for you to get your prize, is most likely scamming you? I've never heard of that before. I mean, you won a trip. $3.95 for shipping and handiing? How does that work?
ladybug

Postby mandyj on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:01 am

$3.95 for shipping and handiing? How does that work?

LOL so true!
mandyj

Postby kimberpemmo on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:45 pm

I thought the whole thing was insane. Sorry for the long post but I just had to vent LOL. I was more than emotional being pregnant and all so I was just ready to cry and punch something at the same time.
http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=34330 For a new phone free with activation (Many different service providers). Also a Dish network with up to four recievers free installation.
kimberpemmo

Postby Guidance on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:18 am

OMG that is so bad! What an idiot. It is so sick that it is almost funny, but I do feel bad that you had to endure that. Talk about being 'unprofessional'. He didn't know what the BBB is but perhaps it won't be long until he is very familiar with it. LOL
Elle
Download This Free Ebook & Boost Your Online Business TODAY http://www.makemoneyfreeonlinereviews.com
Guidance

Postby flowerred on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 pm

These folks are rearing their ugly heads again. I've received a call from then nearly every day this week. Yesterday they said I won a trip & I told them do not call me again and hung up.

This morning another call from the same East Indian sounding accent as yesterday and I asked how they got my name. I asked several times before he finally said Wal-mart. I do not shop at Wal-mart and told him so. I asked to speak to his supervisor & was ignored. Then he told me he also had my credit card number and was going to charge $200 on the count of 5...........I repeated that he should not call me again and hung up.

I called both Embarq (Who gladly volunteered to charge me $5 per month on top of my nearly $200/mo bill so that I could block the call...........I declined.Isn't that kind of like paying protection money?) and the police and was told that it sounded like a scam and there was too much of it going on and really not much they could do. I just won't answer anymore unknown number calls.
flowerred

Postby photomom04 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

They got your name from Wal Mart??? Did he really think that was a reasonable answer? :?

Sorry you both have had such awful experiences! The legitimate survey sites do NOT give out your information or share with any one else. It's really sad that so many sites claim to be "survey" sites when the reality is that they have nothing to do with legitimate consumer research.
photomom04

Postby Guardian on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:47 pm

wow i guess im the biiiiiiig winner. i was told i won a BMW & $500,000. i just needed to sent $1299.00 to pay the attorney needed to spend my winnings " "( in my country) long story short. i got as much info as possible & reported it to the trade commission.i am keeping the numbers i got from " Mr.Brown" & his supervisor. whenever i think of it i am going to call them,,& well. dish it back to them. & pass the number on to others .so ppl. if u ever want to vent..for aaaaaaany reason.or need a kicking post. just call Mr Brown at 876 885 0125. dont forget to dial *67 first to block your number.pls feel free to pass his number onto everyone u know.have fun :D oh i dont have them handy but when i do ill post the other phone numbers. if anyone has numbers also id be happy to use them ty. Guardian
Guardian

Postby traveller on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:12 pm

I am a lucky winner too, but i ain't getting no BMW's :( Only some hundred thousands of dollars cause I shopped at Wallmart, and guess what, I am just a tourist in US for a few months and ain't been to any Wallmart all this time. Mr George- 876- XXX -XX78 is gonna have someone fly to NY to deliver my package in the next 2 hours.
traveller

Postby vrujo on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:35 pm

They're back at it again calling to 'give the great prize of two travel tickets' that my deceased mother won... They are clueless jerks, 'you could sell them for $3500.00! give them away!' My mother never even went to E-Bay she was so afraid of letting out her personal info online, she sure as heck didn't do anything with American Shopping Network!

I told Russell Yeager (I'm so sure that was his real name too! NOT!) that 'no, I am the executrix of the estate and no one else could take his tickets!'

But he did say he isn't with ASN, he is a third party trying to deliver these wonderful tickets!

Finally thanked him and hung up. Claims to have been calling for weeks to reach her to give her the prize, I haven't been out of this place for literally for more than 30 hours total since the 29th of August; another lie.
vrujo

Postby mbd21371 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 am

First of all 876 numbers are to Jamaica and are very expensive to call, even if they tell you they are free. My mom has been hit by this and I had over $300 in long distance calls on the bill. Luckily, when I called AT&T to tell them about the issue and block the numbers, she volunteered to credit the charges for me. So watch your phone bill.
Secondly, they will threaten you with bombs under your house to getting charged with legal actions for a variety of reasons. They called my mom and I answered. He said he was the office manager of the US Justice. When I asked for proof, he couldn't. I told him he was full of crap, he said that I would be reported and and that they would come arrest me for offending him. I replied with 'good luck, bring it on'.
Finally, if at anytime you think anything is fishy, call the FBI. I have worked with my local FBI office and they have been very helpful. Plus, they want all of the 876 numbers. Go to fbi.gov and you can find your local branch.
If you are dealing with a loved one that is being scammed, the FBI has been very helpful to me.
mbd21371

Postby candy3 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm

" call Mr Brown at 876 885 0125 "

Don't you love how The American Shopping Network is in Jamaica??? If you want to call them you are going to pay a pretty penny.

They are obviously out to steal your information.
Read my latest reviews on la to your door or get a diettogo coupon.
candy3

Postby jack880 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:41 am

Sometimes they r too much rude.. But this is over than enough...
I think should take care while passing such kind of information... There are many sites provide online surveys without taking any kind of persona information like telephone number. I too used to make some money and free points in spare time.
jack880

Postby StormChaser2011 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Good Evening All!

I am glad I found this post. Because just had an incident with these people Yesterday, Thurs June 16 2011. Gave a call saying I've won 1 million dollars, pretty nice right? haha. Well the guy begins to leave a message on the answering machine, so decided to intercept the call and talk. Guy claims he's from American Shopping Network telling me I won 1 million dollars ( in his broken english ). Sounded like he was in a wind tunnel. So he's going on and on about how this is legit and I won this money. Then he tells me that the money will be shipped via UPS to my house. Next he tells me that the IRS wants 1% of the money I apparently won, which he claims is 195 dollars. Ok bulls**t. The I ask what his name is. He says John White. Definitely not his name. Then he goes on to he needs me to go to a Western Union and wire him the 195 dollars. I'm like yeah ok whatever. He's like is there one close to you? Im like yeah. He says can you get there before the UPS truck brings your money? Im like yeah whatever, I said oh by the way, I have a friend who is a cop that will be going with me. He's like ok fine. Next he's like oh well can I have your cell number so I can call you when you get to the Western Union? I'm like no sorry. He 's like well I have to tell you where to send the money. I 'm like ok, well you can tell me right now? All of a sudden, another guy gets on the phone, he begins to spell out his name... J-E-R-R I'm like stop right there...whats your name? He's like Jerry Mouser. I asked you what your name is not spell it out...I can spell Jerry! Next thing the other indian sounding guy gets back on, I'm like who was that? He goes who? I said I was just talking to some guy named Jerry Mouser. Then he says the money has to be wired to Fort Worth Texas, and begins to spell it out...F-O-R-T..Im like I can spell you stupid f**k! I said look, I think if I won money, the IRS would want more then 195 dollars from me. He's like well if you dont send this money, the agents at the border are going to stop with all this money in the car! I'm like what are you talking about? What agents and what border? You just said UPS was bringing me the money. Now I was getting pissed and starting yelling at hm over the phone, because he kept over talking me. So finally I said, don't you ever call me again, before it gets turned over the authorities. Slammed the phone down.

Thought you all might enjoy this experience, after I read all of your and soon realized these we the same people, just with a different scheme.
StormChaser2011

Postby WTF!!! on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:12 pm

These people are scam artists! They told me I won $175,000.00 but the check was canceled since they have tried to reach me by mail 3 times with no success. I told them my bills dont have any problems reaching me. They said that if I sent them a reprocessing fee of $500.00 they would reinstate the check and send it out to me. That was when the red flags went up. He continued to tell me that if I told anyone about my winnings that I would forfeit my winnings. (So I'm taking a big chance here!) I asked them if they were the president of Nigeria and needed my help laundering the money. They said no and that they understand my skepticism. He then told me that he could tell just by my voice that I was a leader and not a follower, and a leader would see the value in sending them the money.They even emailed the certificate to me when I asked for proof. The return address was mailto:bankofamerica332@yahoo.com. Really? A yahoo.com email address? I replied to the email and told them to send me the check and after it cleared I would send them $500.00. Oddly enough I haven't heard back from them.
WTF!!!

Return to Anyone Ever Heard of... ?