Building a Home Based Business

A positive attitude is the first step towards work at home success. Discuss your journey towards success and any bumps along the way here!

Building a Home Based Business

Postby success4u on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:09 am

Avertisements

Building a home based business so you can spend more time with your family, pursue other goals in your life, and begin a new career can be risky if you don't prepare in advance. Because there are many scams online that promise you will get rich quick, it is important to find opportunities that are legitimate so you don't end up spending money and not seeing much in return.
Home-Based Opportunity As Seen on FOX NEWS
http://worldwidesuccess.biz
success4u

Advertisements

Re: Building a Home Based Business

Postby wendykrick on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:14 am

I agree. It is also important when researching a company that you read the comp plan. I am so amazed that people just sign up before they even understand how they are going to make money. Do your homework.
~Wendy
wendykrick

Postby Bill_Chechel on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:36 am

The last two posts are right on the money.

A home based business can be the greatest or the worst venture someone can start. The key is choosing the right program and company to work with. You must absolutely do your due diligence during the decision making process.

Also, look for a strong support system with all the tools already in place. Create a strong business plan and allow your upline to assist you in any way. Build on their strengths until you have some experience of your own.

And always set reasonable goals. Too many new people set their goals way too high and feel disappointed. Thats where the strong business plan comes in. Set lofty but attainable goals and work consistently and you will always see results. Dont ever get discouraged by minor setbacks. Just see them as challenges on your way to your final destination.
Bill_Chechel

Postby mr1sparkle on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:04 pm

ya thats true, the worst about it is that company does not offer any money back then ur screw
mr1sparkle

Postby mlmblonde on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:00 pm

Amen,

If you want to start a home business, be prepared to stick with it for a few years, and plan to take time to learn as you go. NO business will possibly make you rich over night without work. It takes much work and effort. Find a product or comapny you can believe in and then buckle down and go work.

Best of success to you.
Diane 8)
Change is the beginning of success! If you don't like what you are CHANGE IT!
http://mlmblonde.com

Save Time, Money & Gas
http://SendMoreCards.com
mlmblonde

Postby Raven1 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:17 am

I think a lot of people on this site are missing the point. A home-based business is exactly that - a BUSINESS.

It's not a way to make instant millions and it's not something you buy. You can't just get away with joining a few clubs and programs and hope for the best.

It requires book-keeping and spreadsheets to track progress and income sources/streams. It requires management and marketing and maintenance. It requires planning and time and monitoring.

It's a BUSINESS and if you don't treat it like one, then you have no one to blame but you if it doesn't work for you the way you hoped!
Want free tips on earning a great income as a freelance writer from home?

http://ravens-writing.blogspot.com
Raven1

Postby Bill_Chechel on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 am

Raven,

I agree 100%. If you treat you home based business like a hobby or part time job, you will see meager if any results.
Bill_Chechel

Postby wannaliveright on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:40 pm

The most important thing to do is to find a Business that suites your life style and interests. Also Don't ever fall for the get rich quick schemes. The reason 98% of all Home Based businesses fail is cause people buy into a get rich quick scheme or false promises and don't give the business enough time to develop. Most of the time its not the business that fails. if it works for some people but not others than that should tell you that the business isn't the failure. If you want to own your own business from home that take these few words with you." Be prepared to work,Learn, and what ever you do give your business a chance to grow and succeed". Don't quit the first month if you don't sell anything cause you will it just takes time. Good Luck
wannaliveright

Postby beck7 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:42 am

success4u wrote:Building a home based business so you can spend more time with your family, pursue other goals in your life, and begin a new career can be risky if you don't prepare in advance. Because there are many scams online that promise you will get rich quick, it is important to find opportunities that are legitimate so you don't end up spending money and not seeing much in return.

be careful in selecting the proper source of business in internet

try to make a survey and research before you start the job
=============================

*FREE* work from home resource:
http://www.MakeMoneyFromSurveysNow.com

=============================
beck7

Postby weeklyincomenow on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:44 pm

I agree. It is the way to go. My wife and I starting working a home based business to give is the freedom and flexabilty to do what we want. It has a lot of hard work but well worth it. We now have a residual income that allows us to do what we want. :D
weeklyincomenow

Postby dolce_vita78 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am

More and more people are engaging themselves in home-based businesses. It may not really be easy to start and run this kind of business but having the right programs and good support group, I am sure that putting up a home-based business would prove to be rewarding!
dolce_vita78

Postby ScottOBrien on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:56 am

Yes indeed... Building a Home-Based Business will result in many great things for you, but it is a business regardless of which one you choose.

I believe you really need to have a passion for your products and you are a product of your product, meaning you use the product personally. I also believe you need to put time and effort into your busines and if you are putting time and effort in with no success... then maybe you need to hook up with a mentor or your sponsor for some tips.

It's honestly a blast working from home full-time and I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world!

Scott OBrien - Google Me
ScottOBrien

Postby kpm2319 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Before buying a program it wouldn't hurt to research it by typing it in to the search engine adding the word 'scam' or 'sucks' after it. For example 'process at home scam' Then you can try and find articles and accounts of the program if it is no good, but make sure they are credible.
kpm2319

Postby MrTris on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:18 am

Hey all Tris Here, Building that business is your livelihood. Period. Either become self employed or work for someone self employed. What part of the pecking order do you prefer. Business is business from home or at the office. Find what you like and like what you do. Good Pluck
MrTris

Postby tess47 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:44 pm

People believe for some reason that a home based business means less work. Actually, the opposite is true. If you want to have something to call your own, you should spend MORE time on it - and have patience.

Success doesn't happen overnight, but if you plan, work on it and have perseverance, it will happen. Many people give up too quick. Consistence and a good attitude will pay off!
Tess
Make Money Online from Home - Hundreds of Resources & Opportunities!
SEO Content Writing
tess47

Return to Work at Home Advice, Tips and Support