Cloud Crowd

Have a question about an opportunity you've discovered? This is the place to ask these questions and get honest feedback from our members!

Cloud Crowd

Postby photomom04 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:05 pm

WhyDoWork Recommended:Join CloudCrowd Now
This has been the most amazing program I've seen yet. Much like MTurk, you complete small tasks but get paid daily. Well you get paid the next day but if you are working everyday it ends up being daily. They pay for things like finding new websites, rewriting website content, and proofreading. They do plan to add more tasks and in all honesty have been bombarded by tons of new workers this week.

I have been paid everyday since I joined and am really impressed with this site. You do need to have a facebook account in order to work since they set it up as a facebook app. So set up a facebook acct before you sign up.

Our own Zacman has created a wonderful site to offer support for everyone. Set up your facebook acct and then go to http://incomeprograms.ning.com/group/facebookmoney and sign up. Click on any name in the scrolling bar, sign up for Cloud Crowd and start working! You can go back to Zacs site and add a comment with your ID and have your name put into the scroller bar so you can build your downline! (you get paid for your friends working too!)
photomom04

Sponsored Advertisements

WhyDoWork Recommended:Join CloudCrowd Now

Re: Cloud Crowd

Postby mandyj on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am

thats cool! what are the payouts like?
mandyj

Postby photomom04 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 am

That depends on you, how much you want to work and how big your crowd is. I've been VERY happy with the payments.
photomom04

Postby Sunfire on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks for the info - I signed up and will be keeping up with it since I practically LIVE on Facebook anyways... :lol:
Breath of the Dragon - Unique and Custom pyrography gifts
Keep up with my projects on Facebook
Sunfire

Postby photomom04 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Im glad you joined Sunfire! I really think this is going to be one of the best companies to work at home with and be able to make money fairly quickly as well.
photomom04

Postby ladybug on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

So I finally managed to get into this site when there was actually work available and now I wish I hadn't. This is a sample of what is available:

Rewrite A Web Page
Your goal for this project is to significantly improve the English copy found at the web address (URL) below.

To earn an "Excellent" rating, you will need to polish the copy to a level you would typically find on the website of a major US-based corporation.

Your rewrite should meet the following criteria:
Do not rewrite obviously well-written pages. Submissions less than 80 words will not qualify for payment.

Edit the first 5 full paragraphs. If there is not enough content on the Home page, go to the Profile or About page and re-write that copy instead. If there are less than 5 paragraphs, rewrite them all. Skip websites that don't have at least 80 words of content.
Eliminate spelling errors, bad grammar, and erroneous punctuation. Submissions that do not substantially improve the origninal copy will not qualify for payment and will negatively impact your credibility rating, so please be careful. You will not get credit if you remove product specifications and company certifications.

Clearly convey the intended meaning of the original passage, and match it in tone.
Fairly closely match the length of the original passage. Remove unnecessary text, but don't edit out information the company obviously wants on their website.
Rewrites of inappropriate websites will be rejected, even if the quality of the rewrite is high.

Now, before all you budding writers rush off to accomplish this task, this is what it pays...

$1.44 :lol:
ladybug

Postby photomom04 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Ladybug.. They are NOT a high paying site especially when you are just starting out. I think it's important to remember that there are a lot of people looking for ways to make some extra money. These same people don't have a lot of skills to get the kinds of work you already get.

Once you have proven yourself with CloudCrowd and have a good reputation there are other high paying jobs that open up. The beginners don't even see those jobs.
photomom04

Postby ladybug on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:42 pm

photomom04 wrote:Ladybug.. They are NOT a high paying site especially when you are just starting out. I think it's important to remember that there are a lot of people looking for ways to make some extra money. These same people don't have a lot of skills to get the kinds of work you already get.

Once you have proven yourself with CloudCrowd and have a good reputation there are other high paying jobs that open up. The beginners don't even see those jobs.

I doubt I even have the skills to complete that job and somebody starting out probably wouldn't get far with that one but I suppose if you're not desperate for money then it can be a good place to learn.
ladybug

Postby Trent Brownrigg on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 pm

I doubt I even have the skills to complete that job and somebody starting out probably wouldn't get far with that one.

I consider myself to be a very good writer, I have 3 college degrees, and 7 years internet marketing experience... and from reading the task description you posted above, it doesn't even sound like I have the skills to complete it either! And for $1.44 -- LOL! They should pay you that much just for reading the task description.

I'm not saying it's not a good company or not a good way to make some extra money but it doesn't seem worth it to me.
Check out http://trentbrownrigg.com for more information!
Trent Brownrigg

Postby photomom04 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 pm

I think you are both making it way too complicated. I can do it and have done it and it's not tough at all. It takes around 5 mins if you know how to speak english.

For instance.. you have a website written in poor English..

"Are companie produced widgets for business who make crates"...

Would be changed to "Our company produces widgets for businesses who make crates."

Really.. how is that so hard? Except that we are talking about paragraphs instead of sentences. I know a LOT of people who love the company/job and who have moved up quickly to the higher paying jobs.
photomom04

Postby Trent Brownrigg on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I am sure it isn't very tough. I have never tried them and have nothing against the company, and I believe you about them being a good way to make some extra money. I was being a little sarcastic in my comments about the task that ladybug posted, but it does seem a little excessive considering the pay (only based on what I can read above).
Check out http://trentbrownrigg.com for more information!
Trent Brownrigg

Postby Matthew on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 pm

sounds a lot like what you can do with mechanical turk, however in most cases with 'the turk' you're expected to correct a sentence or two because there's 1000s of others to take a sentence each.
Search for work at home jobs
**This account is personal. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my employer.**
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby photomom04 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks Trent. It really isn't difficult at all and since you don't know the site itself I can understand where you are coming from. For beginners to prove their worth, they offer 4-5 jobs only. Some actually only pay pennies much like mturk. If you don't feel you can effectively complete a task they encourage you to pass on it so you don't hurt your credibility score.

Their biggest problem right now is that they grew too fast to keep up with the job demand. In a matter of just a couple of weeks they went from hundreds to tens of thousands of people looking for work.

Trent Brownrigg wrote:Thanks for the explanation. I am sure it isn't very tough. I have never tried them and have nothing against the company, and I believe you about them being a good way to make some extra money. I was being a little sarcastic in my comments about the task that ladybug posted, but it does seem a little excessive considering the pay (only based on what I can read above).
photomom04

Postby mamabear on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:22 am

For whatever it is worth, I will take a look at the site and maybe my facebook addict son and his friends can make some money from it.
Work is love made visible.[ Kahlil Gibran
mamabear

Postby pilot light on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:36 am

It sounds pretty cool, but the reality is your work will be rejected for weird reasons that aren't very clear. The company really seems to be going through some growing pains because there are facets of the company that really work and facets that just don't. I've been working for them and I'm going to look elsewhere. Wish it did work because they will pay everyday like clockwork and it's right on FaceBook. Oh well.
pilot light

Return to Anyone Ever Heard of... ?