My Experience With Work At Home Assembly Companies

Submit your own articles for consideration and get feedback from the community.

Postby tamm2005 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:57 am

Avertisements

By Tammy Embrich

I do have experience with a few work at home assembly companies, just as many others have. They were learning experiences and ones that will definitely not be forgotten. This article is for individuals that are currently thinking about purchasing home assembly kits. To those, I'm willing to share my inevitable fate.

For the first company I remember sewing Christmas oven mitts. The mitts were green with red poinsettias on the front. Since I had (or thought I had) lots of sewing experience, I thought I had a pretty good shot at making some satisfactory mitts and making some money. I think I mailed in three and each one came back with the bad news of "not passing the company's inspection."

For the second company I wrapped ribbon around wooden open hearts. I hot glued three tiny ribbon roses on one corner with a different colored ribbon hanging from the roses. There were one dozen in each kit. I thought they were exceptionally attractive.

I was absolutely blown away when after my second shipment, the company actually accepted the hearts I had made and was paid. I was thrilled, but there was a catch. I was limited to just one shipment of one dozen per month. That sure wasn't my idea of making money from home.

I think I only sent in one more shipment and I kept the last set of hearts I made. They are green and white and they look elegant hanging from my Christmas tree.

For the third company, I beaded earrings. It took me forever to complete just one pair. The thread easily knotted and needless to say, I was just a tad frustrated. I ended up sending in just two pair and of course, they did not get accepted. Well from that moment on, that was the end of home assembly for me.

I advise anyone thinking of assembling crafts from home for various companies, save your frustration and don't do it. Your time can be much better spent on searching for legitimate work at home jobs that pay you an honest wage. Or you can of course sell the products yourself for a nice profit.

I'm not saying every home assembly company is a scam. I have not done extensive research about them. But from the ones I've dealt with and also heard about from others, I say, "It's not worth the time."

The only website I have is for the beaded earrings artisancorpofamerica.com/product.html

Article Written By Tammy Embrich

Tammy offers legitimate and researched work at home companies, free job leads, work at home articles, and more at Work At Home Jobs.

You can also find more work at home articles by Tammy at Work At Home Articles.
tamm2005

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: My Experience With Work At Home Assembly Companies

Postby Sunfire on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you very much for this post. Not long ago, I was looking into home assembly work. I (through a long paranoid process) got information on home assembly companies from... oh, I don't even remember now.... Some scam company, I'm sure.

Anyhow, I looked through the book which listed a variety of projects and companies that offered home assembly work. All I had to do was send money for a starter kit to each company I was interested in, then I could try it out. While some of the projects were not my kind of crafting, others did peak my interest. However I was just too overly skeptical and never actually sent off for the starter kits.

Stories like yours remind me why I am glad I didn't waste the money on it. I wish it was a bit easier to find the companies that accept the most submissions... Maybe if I ever find the time again, I'll look into this sort of income again.... But honestly, I'm enjoying my own form of creating - my pyrography....
Breath of the Dragon - Unique and Custom pyrography gifts
Keep up with my projects on Facebook
Sunfire

Postby tamm2005 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:01 pm

You're most welcome. I appreciate your comments. Also, I had a look at your site. I like the breast cancer survivor ones. :)
tamm2005

Postby Callen8646 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 pm

I always thought the Work At Home Assembly Companies were scams and never considered them. Please do your research and go to the BBB site to check the companies history, background and customer review and complaints. :)
Callen8646

Postby felixam on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm

My wife and me registered for one of those "Assembly Flowers" at home business and after a long wait they replied to us. we were expected to register for a fee of about $40.00 plus shipping and handling. We paid for everything. They sent us information about the Assembly Business and the amount of work expected to be sent back every now and then; we were supposed to purchase our own materials and do our own shipping and handling from our pockets. Guess what! the type of materials they requested were no available in my whole state nor they will explain where to get them. I couldn't do the work after spending money and time. What you guys think about this scam?

felixam
Have you tried the secret Profit Miracle?
felixam

Postby joanpeterson on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

I really don't know if there is any legitimate business that is going to have you assemble crafts at home. I think you can call the majority of them scams.
joanpeterson

Postby tamm2005 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

I agree, I think they are all scams. That was my whole point of the article. I would stay away. Below are sites that you can research any work at home company...

http://www.fraud.org/
http://www.scambusters.com/
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/scam_ale ... alerts.htm
http://www.econsumer.gov/english/
http://search.bbb.org/
http://www.ripoffreport.com

Also, you can find out if a company is a scam or not by typing the company name and the word "scam" behind it into www.google.com

Thanks for your feedback. :)
tamm2005

Return to Work at Home Articles