Has anyone worked for contract xchange?

Discuss data entry jobs, get information on freelance writing employers, medical transcription, virtual call center positions, home-shoring, freelance writing and more.

Has anyone worked for contract xchange?

Postby smmanson on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:59 am

Avertisements

Hi,
Could anyone tell me if they have or know anyone who has worked for
http://www.contractxchange.com. If so do they have a lot of work or is it just its and bits now and again?

I have looked into them and they seem legit, but you have to spend quite a bit of money for the training and stuff. My only worry is that once you have passed all the training they won't have a lot of work to send my way.

Any help would be appreciated

I am new to the boards so HI :D to ALL!!!
smmanson

Sponsored Advertisements

re: Has anyone worked for contract xchange?

Postby ziko on Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:47 pm

i tryed to see the site but the only think i saw was
This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later
:/
ziko

Postby smmanson on Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Strange I manage to see it, I'll try again.
http://www.contractxchange.com
smmanson

Postby Cindy020504 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:54 pm

Is it a job or a business opportunity? You say you have to spend quite a bit of money, if its a job then you really shouldnt have to spend anything IMO but if its a business opportunity then it might cost something upfront. Have you tried googling it to see what you came up with?
Cindy020504

Postby Aizlinn on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi,

I just started to work for them.

They are legit. I was worried about the call volumes too. I took a shift this morning. I didn't think there would be any calls on Sunday morning, but I didn't have a minutes between calls.

If you have any questions, you can reach me at aizlinn @ sympatico.ca.

I check my e-mail often, but don't have time to get to the forums everyday.
Aizlinn

Postby ladybug on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Cindy020504 wrote:Is it a job or a business opportunity? You say you have to spend quite a bit of money, if its a job then you really shouldnt have to spend anything IMO but if its a business opportunity then it might cost something upfront. Have you tried googling it to see what you came up with?

ContractXchange is simply a company that hires telemarketers to work for its clients some of which include The Shopping Channel, Pizza Hut, CAA and Direct Energy. It is perfectly legitimate although there may be training fees for certain companies which are tax deductible.
ladybug

Re:

Postby cam.agent on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:18 am

ladybug wrote:
Cindy020504 wrote:Is it a job or a business opportunity? You say you have to spend quite a bit of money, if its a job then you really shouldnt have to spend anything IMO but if its a business opportunity then it might cost something upfront. Have you tried googling it to see what you came up with?

ContractXchange is simply a company that hires telemarketers to work for its clients some of which include The Shopping Channel, Pizza Hut, CAA and Direct Energy. It is perfectly legitimate although there may be training fees for certain companies which are tax deductible.

Not all of the contracted agents on contractxchange are telemarketers. some of them handle inbound customer service calls from various clients or answering customer service calls from people who have questions about becoming a live xchange agent. You do have to spend some money to get started on contractxchange but it varies from person to person.

Some people need to only upgrade thier memory in thier computer, others might need to get a second phone line, other might need to get a new computer, internet connection and a phone all agents on the network have to spend on training cost.

I have now been an agent on the live exchange network for 8 months now. Not all jobs are the same when it comes to working at home depending on if your an employeer or self employed for the company thier rules and requirements change you can't compare contractxchange with other jobs out there because they are very unique.

Everything you spend while being an agent can be tax deductible, but you have keep in mind that when your on the live xchange network your an independent contractor. your not an employee. if your looking for a job where you just sit on your ass and get paid by the hour working at home may not be for you, and contractxchange may not be for you.

there is very few companies out there who hire full employees and just let you sit on your ass and you get paid by the hour but the majority of working at home is not like that at all I am 22 and been working at home for over 4 years now working as an agent for contractxchange and also running my own online websites in the adult entertainment industry.

each thing I do that invovles working at home has a differnet proccess and rules, but has bigger rewards because I am self employed.
I am an adult webcam model and I have created www.camgirlhandbook.com
cam.agent

Re: Has anyone worked for contract xchange?

Postby Paudie2011 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I was just wondering if any one could tell me if it is easy to get work from this place?
How long did it take you to get a call back? Did you pay much for the training fees?? Did you need to have experience going into it? I don't have any call centre experience and I'm afraid they won't want to consider my application because of this. I noticed a lot of the jobs say you have to have it.

Please if you had any information I'd be delighted to hear it.

Thanks
Paudie2011

Postby hnabs on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 pm

ContractXchange is a legit work from home Company. As you see on their website you choose the company you want to work for. Each company charges a different amount of training fee. However, you have to meet the general computer requirements and need a quiet working area. Start up can be expensive yes, but if you are serious you can make back the start up investment back in less than a month.

You set your own hours by picking up shifts for the particular company you signed up for. How and when you work is your choice, as long as you meet the minimum required hours (which varies from company to company) you're fine. You can work the minimum hours and get paid little or you can pick up lots of shifts and get paid lots, it's all up to you on how many hours you want to put in. They're strict about the quality of your work and their clients will monitor your calls, just like they'd in a real live call center.

You're never left to fend for yourself, they have a real live monitor on every shift and they're always a phone call away. I worked with them and I had a real good experience. As a matter of fact they were the first genuine Work At Home Company that I ever got paid from. Oh, they pay direct deposit.

So, if you want to work for them invest the money they're worth it. I hope this helps you.

P.s. they can't control the volume of calls you get, they're just a middle connection between you and the company you work for. Sometimes it's extra busy and sometimes it isn't, just like in the real call centers.
hnabs

Postby lisahuong on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I worked for them for over 2 years inbound calls only . They are legit...the clients you chose determines your workload. THe better the client...like CAA...the more hours you get. I had a friend who was doing it full time. You are considered self employed and are contracted to work for them. They pay on time and sometimes even early by direct deposit into your account. The cost for the training class scares most people away..but the $300 I paid upfront for that training class...I made back in 4 days work...hustling it out mind you..but I made it back....and ofcourse since you are contracted you can right off everything..eg portion of cable electricity phone if its a dedicated line all of your phone...hope this helps. DOnt hesistate to apply..if you are willing and able to adhere to their work schedule its a great source of income :D
lisahuong

Re: Re:

Postby ladybug on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:47 am

cam.agent wrote:
ladybug wrote:

Not all of the contracted agents on contractxchange are telemarketers. some of them handle inbound customer service calls from various clients or answering customer service calls from people who have questions about becoming a live xchange agent. You do have to spend some money to get started on contractxchange but it varies from person to person.

Sorry, MY bad. I just automatically lump all telephone work into the telemarketing category and that's wrong. My apologies.
ladybug

Postby angeleyes3106 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:12 am

I've been working as a Customer Service agent for Pizza Hut for almost 5 years. They have differnet companies that contract through them. You set up your profile and go through the specs and then apply to the jobs you wnt. You your own business entity and apply for a gst/hst number, for Canada anyways. So when tax time comes you claim all your business expenses and tax you collected from them. They have live chat support and conferences for newbies inquiring. Each job has its own pay rates and schedules, you will have mandaory hours for their peak times, then you can work any other hours you want. Yes, you do make your back quickly. You can pick up different clients as well as long as you remin an active agent on the network. Generally most of us start with one client, then take on another. :lol:
angeleyes3106

Postby newfie on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I would be very careful! Contractexchange is a middle man company that provides bodies to their clients (ie. Direct Energy, BC Liberals, Pizza Pizza etc). You are required to pay for training out of your pocket, and taliking with CRA....they suggest that you have a review completed prior to you working, just incase you get audited.....thus CRA are not so sure if you should be a contractor or not......

Most importantly...one has to ask them selves..."Why are they always hiring?" Well thats easy...they have an extreme high turnover of contractors. This is great for contract exchange for they continue to have clients that need people (because people don't stay around long), thus they can hold more classes and generate more income for themselves on tution costs.....ouch.....

Now? why the high turn over...your expected a lot from....ie. looking after your own network and hardware; if your equipment goes down you do not get paid....however if their network goes down and you report to work...guess what? you still don't get paid. And expect to conduct addition training throughout your contract that will require you to study and prepare notes (sometimes sales notes) on your OWN time....your a contractor, thus ponyup.....

In short you WILL put in more time than you are paid for, thus if they say you will get paid $11/hour......averaged over the hours you put in.....you make approx $7/hr.......and thats why they have this business.....less cost for the companies......cheap labour...long hours....

you will get paid...but at what cost.....

its a good opurtunity if no one else will hire you....

former contractor
newfie

Postby ladybug on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Now? why the high turn over...your expected a lot from....ie. looking after your own network and hardware; if your equipment goes down you do not get paid....however if their network goes down and you report to work...guess what? you still don't get paid. And expect to conduct addition training throughout your contract that will require you to study and prepare notes (sometimes sales notes) on your OWN time....your a contractor, thus ponyup.....

Welcome to working from home. What can I say? That's one of the downsides. You are considered self-employed, a subcontractor. My plumber doesn't expect me to supply his tools when he comes to do a job for me and I don't expect my clients to look after mine. There have been many times, usually over a weekend, where the main database has been taken down for maintenance and I've been unable to work. I've had power outages at my end where I was unable to work. As for the rest of it, it is what it is.
ladybug

Postby newfie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 pm

ladybug? Considering you have been following this post since at least 2007....you work for contractxchange...as a recruiter? maybe?

Contracting does mean as a contractor you must bring your own tools to the job....however when your employer closes its door when you are on the books to work that day...goes against CANADIAN LABOUR LAWS!!!! It is actually illegal.....BY LAW IF THE EMPLOYER HAS NETWORK PROBLEMS THUS CAN NOT OPERATE THAT DAY AND HAS CONTRACTORS ON THE BOOK TO WORK....ITS NOT THE CONTRACTORS PROBLEM......SOMEONE NEEDS TO PAY THE CONTRACTOR! ITS THE LAW. I believe that contractxchange has managed to get away with it so far...is only because they tend to only hire the desperatly out of work people....that would do what ever they can for any job...even if it pays under min wage....

Contractexchange is border line breaking "human Rights" laws......Within Canada our laws protect the average working class by establishing a min wage.....however what contractxchange has established (by walking the fine line) are policies that TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WORKING CLASS!!! By removing the need for maintianing office space, buildings, maintenance and employee training and not to mention benefits.....it drops the cost to the contractor. At min wage.....adding these costs bring the average wage from anyone of the companies that contractxchange has as clients to much less than min wage. SHAME ON CONTRACTXCHANGE AND SHAME ON EVERYONE OF THOSE COMPANIES THAT USE THIER SERVICE.....And to top it off...contractxchange turns around and charges the contractor monthly servicing fees for interacting between the company and the contractor (electronic transfer of pay fee).....

With such a high turnover of people (classes held weekly), I am so surprised that this continues..........All I know is ...this PROUD CANADIAN...will never use any of the services of the companies using contractxchanges services!!! I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS SORT OF HIRING PRACTISES...MAINLY EMPLOYED BY 3RD WORLD NATIONS.....

PEOPLE!! SOMETIMES THINGS ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...DO THE MATH....LOOK AT THE ADS ON THE SITE FOR 1-2 MONTHS....YOU WILL SEE A HIGH TURNOVER....WHY? ASK YOURSELF WHY????? DESPERATE PEOPLE RESORT TO DESPERATE MEASURES....YOUR NOT A SLAVE...THERE ARE A LOT OF COMPANIES HIRING THAT WILL PAY YOU...EVEN WHEN YOU CAN NOT WORK DUE TO THERE OWN ISSUES....YOU WILL EVEN GET BENEFITS!!! KEEP LOOKING YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT.....

AS A REAL CONTRACTOR FOR A HIGH TECH COMPANY...I WAS PROVIDED A OFFICE IN THEIR BUILDING, PAY WHEN THEY CLOSED THE BUILDING and I WAS NEVER CHARGED A FEE FOR THEM TO PAY ME......

LAST I SPOKE WITH THE CRA I WAS TOLD THAT CONTRACTXCHANGES PRACTISES WERE NOT SOUNDING VERY LEGIT....I WAS TOLD THAT IF I DID NOT GET A REVIEW COMPLETED BY CRA PRIOR TO TAX TIME....I COULD BE PLACED HIGH ON THE AUDIT LIST.....ONLY FOR THE EMPLOYEE?CONTRACTOR LINE WAS VERY BLURRY...

JUST BE CAREFULL PEOPLE...HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH...NO NEED TO TAKE LESS THAN WHAT YOU DESERVE....
newfie

Return to Freelance Writing, Transcription & Virtual Office Jobs