How do I get the word out

Discuss all Multi Level Marketing opportunities,lead generation programs,software,training and network marketing ideas. Learn how to grow your downline and succeed in MLM and Direct Sales!

How do I get the word out

Postby marvineo on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Avertisements

Hi, I am kind of new to the world of marketing and I have a question: How do you get the word out about something once you have pretty much gone through your immediate contacts. The reason that I am asking is that I just started a new job and one of my company's divisions is a MLM shopping network. I don't mind promoting it because I think it's going to be great, but I want to know is it proper etiquet to walk up to people on the street pushing this to them or is there a subtler way of doing it. I want to do my best, but I also want to do it right.
I work with a new company and I am trying to get the word out about the company's new site that will be going live mid-April. Check it out and tell me what you think. The site is http://www.kikbacks.com. For more info go to http://www.kikbacks.0catch.com.
marvineo

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: How do I get the word out

Postby Zacman on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Marvineo,

You need to educate yourself in productive marketing promotions both online and offline.

There are a ton of resources you can use to accomplish this by people such as Ann Sieg, Mike Dillard, Ken Envoy and a ton of others.

The more you learn the more you are going to be taken seriously by others, and the more you will be able to help those who want to join your opportunity.

Walking up to strangers has long been established as a waste of time and actually will just discourage you with all of the rejection you will be getting unless you are one of the .0001% of the population that actually likes the method.

Although, if the subject does happen to come up with a friend or acquaintance you should just ask anyone interested for their email address. (always keep a small notepad with you) Don't just give them a business card. The vast majority will never check it out. You better off just saying, you have an email address don't you? Then write it down and send them a short email with a link to your opportunity, far more are likely to click a link than go through the trouble of entering a url off a business card.

Another offline method that do works is posting a professional looking flyer with pull of tabs with your website address on bulletin boards in community settings like laundry mats, post offices, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. However don't spend the farm using this method. (be sure to pull a couple off to "seed" your flyer. LOL just a little trick to get it started)

Sending out post cards can also be effective, and many MLMs offer post cards mailings in the back office of your members area.

Cheap classified ads can also be effective depending upon your niche.

There are a ton of others, but like I said, you need to educate yourself in general to be taken seriously by others.

Online the sky is the limit to promote your opportunity. Again, you need education otherwise you may end up wasting your time on unproductive marketing methods.

Read, read, read what others who are successful are doing online. Spend time in good forums like this one and learn from those who have been around awhile.

You can also learn alot from free resources many gurus provide, although almost everyone will try to "upsale" you to their premium training/membership etc.

Until you get some experience I would suggest sticking to the free resources until you know what you are doing, and where you want to go with your online endeavors.

I could write a book on this subject as many others here could, and as thousands of others have already done.

Suffice it to say don't plan on overnight success but rather slow and steady will win the race if you are diligent and persistent.

I have no idea what kind of training your company provides but just let me warn you that many companies still promote "old school" marketing methods that really aren't that effective in today's virtual world.

I hope you do well.

Cheers,
Zac
Zacman
Zacman

Postby annette.jones on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi,

I am glad you are thinking about proper ettiquette on approaching people. It can be a bit irritating if someone is constantly trying to sell or push me into a MLM program.

I personally think the best way would be to take some time to check what are the problems people are facing and make a way to convince them that your MLM program will fill that gap or fix the problem for them.

You can use social media to get the word out about your company. Even use flyers, various marketing colaterol or use landing pages which target users looking for something in particular. Then once they submit a request for information, you can tell them about your products or services.
Struggling With Your Mortgage? Qualify for a Loan Modification and save your home.

No Fees until your Loan Modification is approved by your lender.
annette.jones

Postby magnetize on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:18 am

Old-style marketing e.g. typical mlm marketing is long dead! I'm afraid that is what cost me a lot of money a few years back. People don't like to be sold to and when you approach them on the street or post flyers, pull-tabs and what not, they usually tune out knowing it is yet another ploy to get them to buy something.

Unless you learn the principles of attraction marketing taught by people like Mike Dillard you will fail in mlm. It's a sad state of affairs and it is about time we start sorting the outdated marketing systems from those that work in today's web 2.0 -> web 3.0 world of the www.

You will save yourself years of headaches, frustration and probably end up making money rather than losing it.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative for you, but I have seen it all and been there. :D
Monika
magnetize

Postby Rjbwealth4life on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 am

marvineo wrote:Hi, I am kind of new to the world of marketing and I have a question: How do you get the word out about something once you have pretty much gone through your immediate contacts. The reason that I am asking is that I just started a new job and one of my company's divisions is a MLM shopping network. I don't mind promoting it because I think it's going to be great, but I want to know is it proper etiquet to walk up to people on the street pushing this to them or is there a subtler way of doing it. I want to do my best, but I also want to do it right.

Think of it this way, Your a waiter and your new to the job and your job duties is to serve and not ask for tips.
Just go serve and mess up and condition yourself stronger.

In mlm terms that means give value and become knowledgeable in your career and develop skills, your building a million dollar business and the sooner we think along these lines the sooner things happen. Think big not small find a few key trainers and see the training through that makes sense to you.

Great advice here, Also I love the saying if a person has dollar signs in one eye they are half blind and they have it in both eyes they are totally blind. This is a caring sharing business of giving support and training for others. Do a good job and you'll have no problem realizing your dreams.

Your friend in truth & light,
Ronnie Branch
15 Hours of Video Training on How I Sponsored 50 People in my Biz in 2 months
http://www.ronniebranch.com
Rjbwealth4life

Return to MLM Opportunities & Direct Sales