How important is formal education for success??

What's on your mind? Whatever it might be that doesn't suit another forum, share it here.

How important is formal education for success??

Postby gyansikun on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Avertisements

Just wondering .. how important is formal education for success. I have seen many school and college drop-outs making huge money on internet, so thought of asking this question??
Thanks,
Gyan
I make money every day and teach others to do the same. http://www.mantratosuccess.com
gyansikun

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: How important is formal education for success??

Postby ladybug on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 pm

gyansikun wrote:Just wondering .. how important is formal education for success. I have seen many school and college drop-outs making huge money on internet, so thought of asking this question??

I would think it depends on what you want to do, right? Do you want to be a doctor or a lawyer or do you want to putter around on the internet and try your hand at being the next internet guru?
ladybug

Postby daymo on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:05 pm

i do not have a good education. but i am learning good valuable skills everyday that are going to help me be a success on the internet.

you dont need great knowledge. just computer, internet, guidance and motivation to succeed. oh....an patience. takes time to build up a business 8)
Rich Janitor allows you to copy & automate free traffic campaigns for easy, passive income.
daymo

Postby bloggergal on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:34 pm

To earn online, I don't think a formal education is as critical, however, good writing skills are. If you can offer quality information, presented in a professional manner, you can do well. Look at the well known online marketers, and one thing you will see they all have in common is excellent writing skills.

That said, I am an advocate of higher learning. If you have an opportunity to go to school, do it. It will benefit you in ways that cannot be measured in dollars. :D
bloggergal

Postby nanlar on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Yes You do need a formal education in many occupational fields but it is not necessary for success. People are not only becoming successful on the internet but there are so many vocational school graduates and other avenues to which there are great success stories. Take a look also as what you define at success.
nanlar

Postby lmillwe14 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:48 pm

It's good to have your high school but I know some millionaires that have quit high school and created multi million dollar companies.

It all depends on how hard you want to challenge yourself and what you are passionate about.

- Lark Miller
Over 72 Free Marketing Tips and Tricks ==> http://www.larkmiller.com

Free Social Media Training ==>http://tinyurl.com/WA2012

Belly Dancer Ottawa ==>http://www.bellydancerottawa.com
lmillwe14

Postby ladybug on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm

nanlar wrote:Yes You do need a formal education in many occupational fields but it is not necessary for success. People are not only becoming successful on the internet but there are so many vocational school graduates and other avenues to which there are great success stories. Take a look also as what you define at success.

Then I guess we need to define "success" because apparently everybody has different standards.

And once again, it depends on what you want to do.
ladybug

Postby moneymo2012 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Its not required but it is generally important to minimize failure.
Learn the secrets that many job review sites don't want you to know.
http://www.bestworkathomeformula.com
moneymo2012

Postby bobgabon on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 pm

To be successful, you need not have formal education but some skill to writing and absorb whatever you do online.

All boils down to what you are doing. If you want be a lawyer or a doctor or whatever high level profession, you definitely need formal education

Therefore, for me simple basic education is sufficient. Even Thomas Edison do not have formal eduction, he learn by failure.
bobgabon

Postby gowriter on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:42 am

Lately...not much anymore.
gowriter

Postby gyansikun on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 am

OK. then, let's define success. Can achieving financial freedom be termed as success??
Thanks,
Gyan
I make money every day and teach others to do the same. http://www.mantratosuccess.com
gyansikun

Postby ladybug on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 am

bobgabon wrote:To be successful, you need not have formal education but some skill to writing and absorb whatever you do online.

All boils down to what you are doing. If you want be a lawyer or a doctor or whatever high level profession, you definitely need formal education

Therefore, for me simple basic education is sufficient. Even Thomas Edison do not have formal eduction, he learn by failure.

I'm sorry has ANYBODY bothered to read what comes before they write or do they just plunk down whatever's on their mind. This is exactly what I said up above.

In order to be successful you need to first decide exactly what you want to do and how much you want to earn. Some people can decided they only need an extra $100 a month in order to meet their goal and when they've done that, they've been successful. Some people want to be a brain surgeon. Try doing that without a formal education. Some people want to work solely from home and be able to pay all their bills and maybe they need $2,000 a month and once they've met that goal, they're successful. Other's want to be the next big name on the internet and make millions and head their own mega MLM.

It's going to be different for everybody. This is really going nowhere. It's just like the What do you think of adult websites in my opinion. It will be different for everybody.
ladybug

Postby ryanbiddulph on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 am

Try this one on for size. Look out of your window. See the cars driving down the street? The guy who thought up the idea of a car AND implemented it had a 6th grade education. He was one of the most influential human beings in history yet he didn't make it to high school.

Henry Ford had a master mind though. He became really good at surrounding himself with knowledgeable people.

As for your question it depends on what you mean by success. As has been mentioned on this thread certain jobs need formal schooling. Brain surgeons can't perform their tasks by surrounding themselves with people who can do it for them.

That being said formal education is not necessary for anyone engaged in an entrepreneurial venture. It might even hurt you. It teaches things like logic, common sense, and real world skills; not the type of things that millionaires/billionaires use on daily basis. Most entreneurial thinking - at least successful entrepreneurs - is against the grain. If you aim high enough you won't use much logic. You certainly won't use "common" sense because what you're doing won't be common. And you won't be living in the "real world." Most will think that you're from Mars if your ideas are radical enough.

If you want to become successful study successful people. I've spent years studying the world changers in detail and have attempted to adopt some of their habits and use them on daily basis. As I've done this my life has improved immeasurably.
Claim your gift of 7 free motivational ebooks. Click here and enter your name and email address Cash with a Conscience.
ryanbiddulph

Postby SabrinaMBowen on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

gyansikun wrote:Just wondering .. how important is formal education for success. I have seen many school and college drop-outs making huge money on internet, so thought of asking this question??

It's really not important. I make a great income - better than my doctor - and I barely graduated Highschool. There is no need for higher education if you have good common sense and a drive to succeed. Companies like mine are full of "nobodies" like me, who started out with a small apartment and no money and now earn more than they ever dreamed. It's all about drive. Now, if you are someone who would prefer to work your life away in a "CAREER" like a doctor or a lawyer, you'll need school. But only if that is your passion, if not, don't waist your time.
Follow your Dreams, Don't let them just Follow You!!!
Work From Home! - Save up to 80% on Dental/Medical
SabrinaMBowen

Postby ladybug on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm

I find it really interesting that so many people consider working at home on the computer the B all and end all of life. So let me ask you this: Where would you be without that doctor or lawyer or plumber or electrician or policeman or fireman or whatever? Some people really enjoy what they do. Don't write them off and run down their choice just because it's not for you...

Somebody even called it a waste of time. Think about it next time you're in the hospital or whatever. There will always be people working in so-called dead-end jobs but where would we be without them? There's a place for everybody.
ladybug

Return to General Chat