How to Recognize If a Work at Home Offer is Real Or Fake

A positive attitude is the first step towards work at home success. Discuss your journey towards success and any bumps along the way here!

How to Recognize If a Work at Home Offer is Real Or Fake

Postby photomom04 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 am

Avertisements

Once you start searching the terms "work at home", "work at home free", or "how to work from home", you will get thousands of results. Many of them sound great and some of them just don't seem "right". How can you tell the difference between what is real and what is not?

1. You receive an email saying a company has found your resume and wants to offer you a great job from home. They detail all your responsibilities and will pay you over a thousand dollars a week!

What to do: Ask yourself how they got your email address. Did you actually post your resume where they say you did? Is the job offer in line with your experience? Do they want you to "process payments" through your bank account? Do they want you to be the middle man for shipping packages? How is the grammar in the email? If any of these things are in the email, it is probably a fake.

2. You see a job listing offering a job from home "processing orders". Contacting them you find out you can start immediately and for just a small, fee which ranges from $5 to $49 for the training materials. Once you receive the training materials you find out you are just supposed to place the same kind of job advertisements in online classifieds. The orders you process will be people sending you the money for the training materials which then tell them to do the same thing.

3. Stuffing envelopes. Basically the same as number 2 above except that you use regular mail instead of email.

4. Data entry. This is a tough one! There are a few companies who do hire people to do data entry jobs from home. These jobs are incredibly hard to get though. Whenever there is a fee involved you can rest assured it is not a data entry "job". They are selling information on how to do a form of affiliate marketing.

5. You find a check from a mystery shopping company or a survey site and they want you to complete a job, cash the check, keep your fee and then send them the rest through some kind of wire transfer.

What to do: Contact your Post Master. This is fraud. There are many mystery shopping and survey companies that are legit but they will never send you a check out of the blue. Even if the name on the check is an actual company. It is fraud. You can report it to the company as well.

There are many different ways to work from and many companies who hire for at home employees. Take some time to do some research before signing on with any program or company and know what you are getting into. Desperation is what keeps many of these fake "jobs" alive. Do not be one of the desperate. Slow down, research and use your instincts
photomom04

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: How to Recognize If a Work at Home Offer is Real Or Fake

Postby Marc Meole on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Here is a list I put together a long time ago of good qualities to look for in a company.

1. Full Disclosure- They must disclose the following without you having to pay 1 cent or make a phone call· What does the company you are part of do. i.e. sell books, Internet service etc. · What will you be required to do · Compensation Plan - How much will you be getting paid for what you are required to do I can't tell you how frustrating (I'm sure many of you know) it is to find a website that looks like it could be a winner but you have to buy into the program to get all of the requirements. i.e. become an affiliate for $30 and well will send you the compensation plan with your "kit"

2. Free Training- You should NEVER have to purchase training materials. The basic "How To" should be total free

3. Free Sign up- You should be able to be an affiliate without having a "mandatory" monthly purchase . Just a note: paid upgrades in a business are fine. You may want to purchase product are services from your company. It is an invesment. BUT there should always be a way you can get into the program for free and without having to spend $$$ monthly.

4. Strong Support Groups- This is vital. You need to have a place you can go and ask questions for people that have been where you are. I was part on "Program" that told me they would teach be the business. All they ever did was take be out looking at suff I could buy when I was rich. That didn't impress me.

5. Diverse Products- You need to find a company that has more than one type of product. You will be able to reach a much wider audience this way. Note: Make sure that the company offers real products.

6. Scam Free- Bad reputations are very hard to over come. One of the things I do is check out http://www.BBB.org to see if there are any unanswered complaints. Then I check out sites like http://www.scambusters.org/ to see what they have to say. Also I do a google on the company with words like scam or stay away from. (important note: read the negitive remarks. Some people try to bad mouth a company just because they didn't "get rich quick")

7. Too Many Promises - A good company will not tell you how much you will make or say anything about "Making Money Fast" or earn $$$ in so many months.
Marc Meole

Postby Zacman on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Great advice Photomom,

The only thing I would add to that is if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it's most likely a duck.

What I'm saying is use your instincts, if it doesn't seem quite right, or seems too good to be true, then research the heck out of it before getting involved, or just ignore it entirely.

There are tons of legitimate ways to earn income online. Find someone you trust that has plenty of experience, and bounce questionable opportunities off them if your not sure.

Cheers,
Zac
Zacman
Zacman

Postby tdawn16 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Some work at home positions are contract positions and others are w2. It depends on which one you are interested in. The ones that you are a contractor with you pretty much make your own schedule so paying under $20 for that when you make money during the time you want to work is a good thing to me.
tdawn16

Postby masims51 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:17 am

You know, it's true that most money making programs end up being a big disappointment to most people who purchase them. It's also true that the promises made by program Authors of a certain level of income from these programs, are usually way over exaggerated. This often leads to individuals giving up on these programs a little too soon in some cases.
If you research and confirm the reliability of a few of these programs, then instead of counting on large sums from one or two programs, you work hard at creating and maintaining somewhat smaller sums from a few more, you may be able to accumulate an income you can be proud of. It's worked for me.
I manage to generate a good income from a few online programs, and so can you. Visit: http://www.legitimate-web.com or http://www.MalePurpleLion.com
masims51

Postby CovertMillionaire on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:34 pm

The funny thing is I think that at one point I was so desperate to make money online that I tried all of those ways that you mentioned. After about a year looking at different business opportunities I finally found Profit Miracle. They teach people how to be successful at affiliate marketing especially through article marketing which is a free way to get leads. After following there step by step process I was profitable in only 2 days.
Discover EXACTLY how to make $35,867 easily in your first 14 days with this traffic machine
http://www.abinternetsolutions.com/profit_miracle
CovertMillionaire

Postby John LA on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:22 pm

The real ones are free. Don't fall into great salespages of products promoting programs that are available for free.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work!
John LA

Postby WayneW on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:33 pm

JohnLA said "the real ones are free".
That's just not accurate.
John, are you here to giveaway the farm or are you just hanging out.
Plenty of free info out there. Before the nights out I'll be offering up some in a new thread.
I worked in construction most of my life. No one GAVE me the tools I needed to make a living.
As for the average person out there, you can spend the next 2/3 years researching to try to get a handle on this or you can start earning a lot sooner by benefiting from programs that others have worked hard to compile.
There's tons of crap out there. There's also a lot of great, PAID programs to relieve folks of the pain most of us went through to get where we are. With a little hard work and a few bucks maybe others can actually SAVE money and time in the long run.
It's not that tough to weed through the choices either.
That's why this forum exist.
Not sure about a program, just ask. But you need to do your own research to.
Most of the regulars here are busy people and will still find the time to help.
WayneW

Postby zmonique2007 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 pm

I hate those programs that promises you to be a millionaire in days. I believe success doesn't happen in an instant. You need to work hard before you achieve any goal. :D
zmonique2007

Return to Work at Home Advice, Tips and Support