geetar wrote:Hey all,
This is my first post on these forums, I've been scouring these forums for the better part of the day and felt it was time to post.
First, a little about me. I have been interested in web design and developement since a young age. I have a diploma in digital media design, and right out of school I found my first job in the IT industry. I started as a designer, doing work for a direct sales company. It was a small company, but I learned wealth of knowledge there I wouldn't trade for the world. We were also selling software online. I got to work on designing ecommerce style websites, as well as modifying and writing code. I became familiar with the business side of ecommerce sites. the platforms I am experienced with are magento and zencart.
When I was tasked to another site, I became an email marketing guru, and learned a ton about affiliate marketing, I even attended last years adTech in NYC. Also have experience with customer service, backend administration, SEO, and advertising.
So with this in mind, I want to try my hand at my own business. I have alot of knowledge in other industries, but ecommerce is still quite unknown to me.
I want to start a website selling headphones, and had a few questions.
- Given that I don't have a business background, theres a ton for me to learn. With the experience I have in related fields, do you think it will be quite the learning curve selling online that it would be without the experience?
- I'm a little confused with what would work best for me and how to find it. I've done tons of research on dropshipping sites like worldwidebrands and doba.com and heard they are all scams, but I want to sell all different types of headphones, including brand names. Should I be looking more into wholesaling?
- If I go the wholesale route, does this mean I need to ship inventory to my warehouse (or outsource) and fulfill orders? If so, do wholesalers sell a variety of brands/types, or would I need to ship each item individually to my warehouse? Kinda confused on this point.
- I live in Canada. The companies I worked with registered their business in the USA, and only accepted funds/shipped to the USA. What are the advantages of this? Are there just more online sales in the USA? Are there less options for wholesale in canada?
- I find that this site has loads of information for the UK, but not much for USA/Canada. Is there another site or location that would be good for information?
I appreciate all help any of you will give, it will be vital in the startup of my busines.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest