Looking for something similar to SMC

Have a question about an opportunity you've discovered? This is the place to ask these questions and get honest feedback from our members!

Looking for something similar to SMC

Postby MommasLuv on Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:43 am

Avertisements

I have been looking for a company that is similair to SMC. I wanted to give them a try several years ago, but was almost impossible to do without a computer at the time and such, they have seemed to increase there costs over the years and I have heard varying things about dropshipping costs etc. don't know the reality of it all, but I do like the concept behind it all and the fact that actual catalogs are in hand to show potential customers or to decide what your ordering etc.. Anyway I was wandering if anyone knows of a similiar company that costs less to start up but has similair format, I found most that have wholesale website don't have a catalog or require large upfront orders that I don't have the room to store etc... Any suggestions with experiences of them???Thanks
MommasLuv

Sponsored Advertisements

Postby ryanjbow on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:09 pm

It looks like you're already in SFI. Isn't this similar to SMC??
ryanjbow

Postby MommasLuv on Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:26 pm

Sorry I should of used the longer name Specialty Merchandise Corp. I believe it is, SFI has cleaning products and communication needs as well as magazines and other items and SMC is geared more towards gift type items such as those you might find in the center isles of malls and such. (I've decided that it would be pointless to find a mall and rent space and spend time away from the children to be at home with them.) But I am all for catalog and swap meet/ flea market sales as we do this with them anyway, so it would just be basically being on the other side of the table so to speak. But I need to gear it more towards the catalog sales /mail order with maybe a table of items to show/ sell first hand as opposed to several items that I don't have space to store or haul with children close by. etc... Having a website to show the products would also be beneficial for other advertising means.
MommasLuv

Postby Jeff Casmer on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:35 pm

Jeff Casmer

Return to Anyone Ever Heard of... ?