Magic Kids USA?

Have a question about an opportunity you've discovered? This is the place to ask these questions and get honest feedback from our members!

Magic Kids USA?

Postby stellrJ on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:21 am

Avertisements

They seemed okay based on the info they sent me -- they didn't promise huge gains for no work, they described their product and what I would need to do for them, and they explained how their commissions work. The start-up costs were moderate; and I understand what every entrepreneur knows, namely, it takes money to make money, so I didn't mind paying. Their call center staff have been helpful with advice. Their ad copy, which I am free to use and modify as needed, seems to lay out the goods pretty well.

On the other hand, I have read bad things about them on some of the scam reporting websites. Maybe about 55-60% of those complaints have rebuttals. Likewise on the BBB website -- they have a grade of "F," due to the number of complaints, some resolved, some not. Maybe 75-80% of those complaints had some kind of resolution listed, although not necessarily one that would satisfy the complainant.

Putting it in perspective: on the scam reporting sites, a lot of the complaints were from people who seem to have "dived in headfirst," as the expression goes -- they not only paid the initial (modest) startup cost, they also right away bought into the (much more expensive) extras. By extras, I mean: they try to sell you directories of "hot" sales contacts, and higher level memberships to gain higher percent commissions ("Double, even triple your returns"). I did not buy into those, because I can do basic math: 0 x 2 = 0; 0 x 3 = 0. Meaning, until I actually GET some returns, it makes no sense to think about doubling or tripling them.

Does anyone have experience with these guys? Are they a viable option, or have I been had? I would give their URL so you folks can review them, but it claims "my post looks like spam" when I do.
stellrJ

Advertisements

Re: Okay, so how about Magic Kids USA?

Postby paulie on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Frankly, I think the "F" rating from the BBB says it all. A company really has to "work hard" to get an "F" rating. Based on past experience I would never do business with a company that has that rating, as they probably got it for a good reason. I received the same letter from Magic Kids and at first glance it does look promising. But after doing research on it I would run far away from this company and look for a legimate one. Best of luck to you.
paulie

Re: Magic Kids USA?

Postby stellrJ on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 am

Thank you. What clinched it for me was when they sent me the big envelope with their pitch, "Become rich with no work." Wait a minute -- what happened to "this opportunity is only for those willing to work at it"? :? The "become rich with no work" bit was classic MLM -- supposedly, after paying over a thousand dollars for materials, I recruit new distributors, and get profit from their sales. One problem: let's suppose I recruited two or three, and they all had as much success as I have (i.e., zero). Well, then my share of their profits is also zero. Basic math. I will not touch MLM. By now I am long past the window for returning the materials, so I have swallowed the startup costs I paid; I am thankful that I had enough sense not to go for the more expensive parts of the scheme. 8) If anyone reading this is thinking about affiliate marketing, my advice to you is: always start small. Do not spend more money on supposed "upgrades" until you have seen returns from your initial costs. Every smart entrepreneur knows the only way to grow a business is gradually, using the profits from the venture itself.
stellrJ

Postby marksextra on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:10 am

ouch. an "F" rating. That's the nice thing about this forum. Seriously. I don't think I would have even thought to check with the bbb. Thank again.
marksextra

Postby PaulSchlegel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 pm

I just wanted to chime in here. A lot of times the BBB will give a company an F rating just because they are in the Work At Home sector - even if they haven't done any research on the company.

So if the company ALSO doesn't have any complaints showing, then the rating doesn't necessarily tell you anything.

However, in this case at least you can see the types of complaints people are submitting and a lot of them seem to be similar (about refund practices, extra charges, etc.)
PaulSchlegel

Postby nohero on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 pm

StellrJ 8/10/10's entry is right-on.

There is an extraordinary amount of trust involved when working as an independent marketing agent for Magic Kids. After all of your marketing efforts, how do you know that you will receive commissions for any eventual sales? There is no real way of knowing.

The folks at Magic Kids are not interested in helping you UNLESS you have a lot of money to spend.
nohero

Postby DMikeS on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:02 am

In my experience, most complaints are based on the fact that the buyers of the "opportunity" aren't willing to work. I don't know if that is the case here, but it's a universal that 80% (or more) fail while 20% (or fewer) succeed.

The only way this can be a scam is if they DON'T return your initial "investment" when you ask them to. I don't know if they do or not, but I did see one post (of 6 listed) in which the poster admitted that " I am long past the window for returning the materials, so I have swallowed the startup costs I paid". If that is a complaint for many of those on the BBB site, it is hardly a scam. It's only a scam if opportunity seekers aren't being given their refund as promised when they request it.

Anyone here ask for their money back and not receive it? That is the key question in my mind...

Thanks!
DMikeS

Postby Jhenna on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 am

I had paid $300 to have my own web site.THE letter I got stated that all I have to Do is pass out these flyers & I would get 50% commission on all sales.So far all I made is $0
I have so many flyers out there to retailers&wholesalers & not one of them ordered.
I live in tourist area so I placed flyers in hotels because there are a lot of people from other ststes visiting.I also ran a large ad in the newspaper.I did not get one order.As fa r as I'm concerned this is a ripoff.They also tried to get me to invest $498 to sell on ebay.I told them forget I am not investing anymore money.
Do not invest any money with this company unless you can afford to lose it I know I can't.
My advise stay away from magic kids usa.
Jhenna

Postby stayathomemom2012 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:03 am

I received it in my mail yesterday and thanks for giving me a heads up on this I wont waste my money *edited
Valerie Reynolds
Independent Marketing Executive
Enhancing Lives - Helping Others!

Want to Work From Home Check out My Website
http://stayinhomeandlovinit.com/valsbiz
stayathomemom2012

Return to Anyone Ever Heard of... ?