making jewelry/crafts?

Discuss any opportunities that do not fit one of our other categories. Get tips, advice, and support on succeeding in a specific business.

making jewelry/crafts?

Postby dorealuv on Wed May 11, 2005 3:07 pm

Avertisements

Hi, I would like to work at home making jewelry and or other crafts. At one point I had a few sites where you make the products for the company and then send it back to them. I am trying to find out what some of those companies are again. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thank You!
dorealuv

Sponsored Advertisements

re: making jewelry/crafts?

Postby ravele on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:46 pm

Hi, I know you post this in the month of May but, I have a few Legit Sites you might be intersted in. :D http://www.tinydetails.com/wahc/current.asp this site is nice but could be hard - I don't know as I have not tried this one. However, you might like this one http://www.disciplescross.com is nice to join as the crosses can get easyer to make over time and with all that said I have not joined any of them. But, I did do my research on both companies for Legitness ( <-- If thats a word). But if you want, you can try looking them up at http://www.bbb.com and get their overview on the company. I hope this helps some. :)

P.S Admins don't punish me for posting URLs in my Paragraphs to help someone. Thanks :wink:
If you would like to change your life now, click here http://www.MyHomeBusinessPays.com/40233825 you will never turn back. I need not explain the site is self explainatory!!
ravele

Postby whydowork-notused on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:34 pm

No punishment necessary!

Check out the thread on tinydetails in the scam reports section....
http://www.whydowork.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=558

Have a nice day!
whydowork-notused
Site Admin

Postby ravele on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:48 pm

whydowork wrote:No punishment necessary!

Check out the thread on tinydetails in the scam reports section....
http://www.whydowork.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=558

Have a nice day!

Thankyou for that refreshing reality cheak :shock: I had no idea!! However, I was never going to join them. I've thought about it though.
What about disciple crosses is that full of Legitness... (<-- againg with that word.)
If you would like to change your life now, click here http://www.MyHomeBusinessPays.com/40233825 you will never turn back. I need not explain the site is self explainatory!!
ravele

Postby dedavis on Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:34 pm

Hi I am new to the board. I just found it...

Anyway, I would like to tell you about "disciple crosses". I didn't signup for them. However, one of my online buddies did. She was doing well with it and sent me the information "start up kit" and material to make a few crosses.

My husband and I sat down and learned how to make the crosses. We made about 35 of them and sold about 30. We made $300. We would be still making them but he was in a car accident in January and he is still in a comatose state. (Why I am here to find something I can do from home)

(will go into more detail, if anyone wants me too later)

My online Buddy was doing very well last I talked to her. She has made a lot of money also. I am not sure if she actually sent them back to the place though. You have the option of sending them back or selling them yourself.

One qualification that you must have that is not stated on the site is...
You have to have strong hands to bend the nails. My husband did that part I could not do it right.

My hubby would bend the nails while watching TV it took him about an hour to go enough for 30 crosses (4 nails per cross). Then we would sit and wrap the wire together. It was pretty quick. However, you have to do it about 5-10 times to get it right.

If you or anyone else would like to know more about how we sold the crosses or how my online buddy sold the crosses let me know.

Also, you can buy the wire from this great online company for a good price and the horseshoe nails where a little hard to find but we did at a tractor supply store. $10 for a box of 100. That makes 25 crosses, as long as you don't mess up.

Deanna Davis
dedavis

Postby sheronj on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:33 pm

I have also done disciple crosses, but I have sent mine back to the company and that has not been so profitable. How do you sell them yourself and where?

I ordered my starter kit, returned 20 completed crosses and they kept 3, returned 17 to me with instructions on how to improve. Took more than a month for them to return. I ordered and completed 100 crosses, they kept 15 and returned 85. I ordered and completed 50 crosses, they kept 35 and returned 15. Three weeks ago, I mailed 150 crosses, it will probably take me 2 months to get a check or the crosses back.

They explained to me that they had hired another person to inspect the crosses and they were hoping to get caught up in a few weeks. This was back in March. Crosses they received in March finally got processed in June.

The wire is easy to find, now I know where to find the nails. I have horses, cows, goats and malamutes so I do a lot of shopping at tractor supply. I could make money at this if I could just find a market for the crosses besides the company. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sheron Jennings
sheronj

Postby dedavis on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:26 am

Well as for my husband and I, we gave my mother-in-law a necklace and she wore it to work. All the women there were asking her where she got it from. We had orders for certain colors and we found that if you buy cheap necklaces from the "clearance" rack at department stores (such as gold and silver chain, different lengths) then, add $5 to the price ($15 per necklace) more people wanted them. A lot of the business women like to where them with suit, they liked them very long (below the chest). We also found that a lot of the women were buying them for the teenagers.

When I was younger, I was in a youth group at school and was very active in the church. I know that I would have bought one back then. Instead of wearing that WWJD? bracelet.

My online friend had her hubby wear one to his job and they had orders pouring in. She also went to her utilities offices and asked if she could put a display there. *She lives in a small town in Texas. She also went to local privately own gas stations and put displays there. The last I talked to her was back before Christmas and she wasn't able to keep up with making the crosses.

So, some ideas for you to do...

Give a necklace to friends and relatives that work with a large group of people. Others will ask about them.

Go to your local utilities, gas stations, privately own business and ask if you could put a display in their office.

Go to all your local churches and ask the head person (pastor, reveren or whatever else they are called now-a-days) see if you could put a display up after services in the hall/entry way.

Go to local (high or middle) schools and see if they have youth groups or maybe during a special event (homecoming week, spirit week, fundraisiers, something) and see if you could put a display up...Note you will have to watch your display at schools, they are kids and if they have the change they will grab something that they shouldn't.

---------------------------------
Another thing you may want to get some piece of cardboard and cut small pieces of your wire in every color (you could use your scaps for the crosses) and write all the colors below the wire then send them to work, school, social meetings with friends and families along with a finished piece and then they can choice what color they want.

Just thought you would like to know....On a special note.......
I made a special cross for my husband for him to wear to protect him. We had to change the lace about 10 times (it kept breaking), he was a foreman for a landscaping business, but he never took it off only to shower. He was wearing it the day of his accident and the hospital had to cut it off his neck. I keep that cross in my purse. I believe that it did protect him and I am sure a lot more things help (but I won't get into that).

I hope this helps.

Deanna Davis
dedavis

Postby IcedCoffee on Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:14 am

Yes - the horseshoe nails are extremely difficult to bend...I bruised my hands the first time I tried doing this.
Sad too, because they are beautiful and I have been unemployed for over 2 1/2 years now and desperately need the $$$.
IcedCoffee

Postby Mmter on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:46 am

Hi,
new to this forum and reading up on some of the posts,
I saw this message about the Disciples Crosses and was actually looking into making them myself today, but unfortunately I don´t qualify for the buy back garantuee since I live in Spain and I don´t really feel there would be a market for them over here in Spain.

Anybody has a suggestion?
Mmter

Postby jaybee4170 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:32 am

I've tried all of these sort of schemes in the past and have yet to meet anyone who has earned any sort of decent money from them.
If jewellery making is your 'thing' , why not buy the materials yourself , make them yourself , and sell them yourself. ( and keep all the profits yourself ! ) With a little imagination , you could easily make a unique range of jewellery that you could sell at craft fairs , etc. Check out the site in my sig. for jewellery making supplies.
jaybee4170

Postby mocha1482 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:37 am

Assembly companies always find a way to say that your work isn't up to their standards. I simply won't waste my time with this type scam.
mocha1482

Postby Cherie8 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:45 pm

The Disciples Cross looks like something I can do without having to pay the $65 dollars to get the package. I make things all the time. I have made wreathes, earrings, and most recently cell phone buddies... I just haven't found a place where I can sell the things I have made...
Cherie8

Postby victorious on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:23 pm

I absolutely love making jewelry, and I've sold many beautiful pieces to a local store for great profit. However, it takes a lot of my time and with a new baby I don't have the time to sit down and make jewelry all day. That's why I chose a program that closes all of my sales and sends me a check. I don't have to work to make money if I don't want to!

I can tell you I love making jewelry too, but that alone doesn't pay the bills. Check out my website for more info on a reliable program.
Make money while on vacation! Learn how this program is making us over $10,000 a month! Proof on my website.
http://www.absolutelycoastal.com
victorious

Re: making jewelry/crafts?

Postby Arcadian on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:17 pm

I have a couple of suggestions for selling jewellery

1) Get together with local party sales reps. There are often wellness or beauty evenings where you could have a table of jewellery, particularly in the run up to Christmas

2) If you're in a large city ask at big offices of lawyers, accountants etc. They often support a local charity and might have charity raising events at lunch time. (Again party sellers might know about these events). You can usuallu have a table if you give a percentage of sales proceeds to the charity.

There's an article about creating a jewellery display here. That's me in the photo :D

You can usually buy inexpensive display stands and gift boxes on eBay.
Arcadian

Re: making jewelry/crafts?

Postby crochet4fun on Tue May 11, 2010 7:29 am

I have had good luck with San Francisco Jewelery and Artisan Corp.
crochet4fun

Return to Work at Home Opportunities