Melaleuca

Discuss work at home scams, post your own scam reports, and get advice if you've been scammed. This is the place to ask questions about the questionable!

Melaleuca

Postby tyke on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:30 am

Avertisements

Ive also heard talk of these programs on here...

Company
Melaleuca
Address:
http://www.melaleuca.com
Idaho Falls Idaho
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
800-282-3000
Fax:

Melaleuca (Or should I say "Mela Loco") has left a very bad taste in my mouth!! And I had heard for so long about how wonderful they were!!

Well, dumby me had to call to find out about them and had to "sign up" online. Mind you, I NEVER "signed" anything physically, but I filled out a form online and made the awful mistake of giving them my checking account number!

Bad, bad mistake!!! After receiving my pitiful little box of a few small "economy" sized bottles of Melaleuca products and a bottle of laundry detergent liquid that MUST have shrunk during shipping, I decided that this whole company was nothing, but a pure "RIP OFF"!!! My box of "goodies" had been stuffed with plastic blown up pillows to fill the big box so that it looked like I was receiving a gold mine! I kept saying "Is that ALL that I get for $93.00?"

I just could not believe it! And the Nicole Miller line of cosmetics.....ROFL!!...What a joke! A teeny bottle of "toner" and a few other bottles of moisturizer for $30!! Wow! My sister-in-law sells Mary Kay and you get a nice assortment for $30 that could last all year! So, I informed the lady who signed me up that I was not interested and it took her a while to finally get back to me because she was on a Melaleuca "adventure" in Montana or somewhere like that, supposedly.

But, awfully funny that she is always online...Oh well. And they just don't take the word "No" for an answer. So she never really told me what to do to cancel out my membership and although I haven't spoken with her in about 3 weeks, she managed to charge my account nearly $60!!!

So, I had to go to the bank to put a stop on any further charges from them and I was told that if these charges persist that I will have no other choice, but to close out my account! And I received some other information for those out there who need it....If you use a debit type of Mastercard or Visa, you can place a "Hot Card" hold on it so that they cannot debit your account anymore, but then, you have to get a temporary card and order a new card, but your charges would be blocked.

By the way, my items have been returned a letter sent out like I finally able to find out by reading the numerous letters from people who like me are totally perturbed at this poor excuse for a company!

And another thing....I have read about how NATURAL these products are suppose to be....Pick up a bottle of Suave 2 in 1 Shampoo plus Conditioner and compare the ingredients. Coincidence that they are very similar or not?..Hmmm...Makes you wonder! Well, I tried their shampoo and it made me itch like crazy and I had a raw blister right above my left ear that bled!
Something that I used made me break out on my chest in red blotches and like I said, my head and hair itched like crazy!

I tried the laundry detergent and I was not impressed. It looked like dishwashing detergent to me and I am supposed to get 30 loads out of that tiny bottle? They must think that we are total idiots or something! What a joke! Well, I am back to my old self pleased and content with using Suave, All, Purex and brands that I can honestly afford! And who is going to buy a $15 candle anyhow? I have much better things to spend my money on.

Thanks Melaleuca for a wake up call!! And what part of "No" don't you understand?

Sherri
Gulf Breeze, Florida
U.S.A.
tyke

Sponsored Advertisements

re: Melaleuca

Postby BeCareful on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:21 pm

Melaleuca is a SCAM.
So are its' affiliates like WomenwithDreams.com (more like women with nightmares). They post on Monster & Careerbuilder as an employer then use your information to sign yo up for this MLM scam called Melaleuca. They are very slick. I listened to their presentation & before I could blink, I was on Melaleuca's website & on a three way call with them & the Rep from WID... I had no information & told them I had to wait & speak with my husband. Not only did they ignore me, the processed paperwork on my behalf without my permission. When I called Malaleuca less than 20 minutes later, I was told that I would be automatically billed $35 a month & that it could npt be cancelled. Then, another Customer Service Rep told me I could cancel for the next month if I send a handwritten letter or fax. Long story short after three days and endless long distance phone calls - they still charged me for one month for a "Starter Kit" - which is catalogs for this company.

Caution!!!! DO NOT GO ON THEIR WEBSITE!! :!: :!: :!: :!:
By simply typing in your name you are signing a legal agreement with this company. It wouldn't stand up in a court of law - but for every sucker they pull in - they are making $35 for as many months as it takes you to figure this scam out!!This has been a nightmare... I am contacting Dateline. This is the worst MLM scam ever. If the company was worthwhile, they would not have a problem attracting sales reps. The products are overpriced & after 3 months you have to spend $109 a month on their products!!! Overall, bad decision. I called a few Reps & they are making less than $100 a month after a lot of hard work.
Save your sanity....
:twisted:
BeCareful

Postby horobiru on Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:44 am

before I could blink, I was on Melaleuca's website & on a three way call with them & the Rep from WID... I had no information & told them I had to wait & speak with my husband.

Have you no control over your own actions? You make it sound as though you are the mindless pawn of others.

Not only did they ignore me, the processed paperwork on my behalf without my permission.

And how exactly did that work? Did you sign the paperwork? Did you choose to agree to the customer agreement online? Did you even bother to read what you physically or digitally signed?

Then, another Customer Service Rep told me I could cancel for the next month if I send a handwritten letter or fax.

You mean they told you what was in the customer agreement form.

By simply typing in your name you are signing a legal agreement with this company.

It takes a lot more information than that. It also requires that you agree to the customer agreement form. If you're too stupid to read what you agree to, you probably deserve what you get.

I am contacting Dateline.

So, how did that work out for you? When the big story?
horobiru

Postby BeCareful on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:07 am

Get a life. Identity theft & fraud happen every day of the week to highly educated, intelligent people. There are numerous lawsuits against this company. Do your homework before inserting your foot in your mouth.

I am trying to save others the aggravation & time spent resolving this scam. They pose as employers to get your information & complete paperwork illegally. They are a MLM who have to use trickery and illegal means to earn a living.

It is very sad that you would support them, but there are all types of people in the world.
BeCareful

Postby horobiru on Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:05 pm

BeCareful wrote:Get a life. Identity theft & fraud happen every day of the week to highly educated, intelligent people.

So did you read the agreement or not?

Why are you avoiding all of my responses?

There are numerous lawsuits against this company. Do your homework before inserting your foot in your mouth.

How many are successful? That's the real question.
horobiru

Postby aMelaPI on Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:48 am

horobiru wrote:
BeCareful wrote:Get a life. Identity theft & fraud happen every day of the week to highly educated, intelligent people.

So did you read the agreement or not?

Why are you avoiding all of my responses?

There are numerous lawsuits against this company. Do your homework before inserting your foot in your mouth.

How many are successful? That's the real question.

Horobiru, she always avoids responses, but is very good at name calling. She is spamming other forums with this same message. Take a look at this one. She spammed that forum at least 4 times, if not 5, with the same message. Check it out in these categories: Internet Scams, Work At Home Scams, MLM/Pyramid Scams, Other Scams.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=2114

Hey, BeCareful, you are slipping! I can find only 2 places in this forum that you posted the same message.
aMelaPI

Postby Kristena0802 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:05 pm

I am truly sorry that you had such an aweful experience with Melaleuca. First of all, the major problem it sounds like that you had is that your Marketing Executive did not follow-up with you to explain how to use the products. For example, the laundry detergent you only need to use an 1/8 of a cup of the product. If you are using any more than that you were wasting it. They should have also listened to you when you said you no longer wanted to do this business. People like that end up giving this company a bad name and then people like you end up with a bad taste in there mouth over the company all becuase they had poor follow-up and could not take no for an answer. I am truly sorry that you were treated that way.
Kristena0802

Postby frankcan on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:55 am

I found the posts here about Melaleuca interesting. I do know of one woman who seems to be doing very well with the company, and she would not steer me wrong.

However, my own experiences with them have not been very promising. I had a meeting with one of their "affiliates," who went over the program and the products. The products themselves seemed okay, but i couldn't figure out the moneymaking part. And before I could blink she pulled out an order form for a startup kit costing about $200! Hey i would do this to make money not spend it! I was firm though and turned it down and said I would like to try out some of the products, so I ordered three items and gave her a check for the amount. Big mistake! She put me on autoship and i got charged for the stuff every month until thanks to this and another scam my bank account got over drawn and the bank closed it out! And at one point I did call them to request being taken off autoship. They gave me some BS about faxing a request to some office, which did not result in my order being cancelled, and I continued to receive my monthly order.

I did also receive a catalog of their other products, and yes they were outrageously overpriced. For instance, a 32 ounce bottle of dish soap for $3.99! I could get the same or similar product at a local discount store for 99 cents. As for being environmentally safe, I remember reading somewhere you can make your own "environmentally safe" cleaning products with baking soda and white vinegar.

If anyone is doing well with Melaleuca, more power to you. However my general rule is to avoid anything that automatically takes money out of your bank account, or requires that you get friends and family to sign up, or pays you to spend money buying their products.
frankcan

Re: re: Melaleuca

Postby aMelaPI on Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:19 am

BeCareful wrote:I listened to their presentation & before I could blink, I was on Melaleuca's website & on a three way call with them & the Rep from WID

frankcan wrote: And before I could blink she pulled out an order form for a startup kit costing about $200!

Interesting...did anyone other than me notice a similarity here? Both use the phrase "before I could blink". Is this post under the name of "frankcan" just BeCareful's new approach to discrediting Melaleuca?

Found in various posts at scam.com, BeCareful lists "all the ways" Melaleuca scammed her. She can't even keep her story straight!

BeCareful at scam.com wrote:They post on Monster & Careerbuilder as an employer then use your information to sign yo up for this MLM scam called Melaleuca. They are very slick. I listened to their presentation & before I could blink, I was on Melaleuca's website & on a three way call with them & the Rep from WID... I had no information & told them I had to wait & speak with my husband. Not only did they ignore me, the processed paperwork on my behalf without my permission.

BeCareful at scam.com wrote:I was approached by this company's affiliate on a legitimate job site & gave my info for purposes of future employment.

BeCareful at scam.com wrote:I gave my bank info to a third party to purchase something and it was used to sign me up illegally.

BeCareful at scam.com wrote:Third, in case you didn't understand the first two- the information was obtained illegally. Even Melaleuca agreed with this.

BeCareful at scam.com wrote:They used my information gathered for a legitimate job posting on HotJobs to take monies from my bank account.

In response to BeCareful's posts at scam.com...

brendakc wrote:Can someone help me out here? Which was it?

Did she apply for a job at Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com, and then listen to a business overview for a homebased business, stay on the phone while the rep 3-ways her into Melaleuca, and sign up?

Or was SHE approached by someone, who she gave her bank info to for the purposes of future employment?

Or did she give her bank info to a third party to PURCHASE SOMETHING, and it was used illegally to sign her up with Melaleuca?

Or did Melaleuca really agree that they somehow obtained her bank info illegally?

Or did they somehow get her bank info from a posting at HotJobs.com in order to take money from her bank account?

The only thing I can figure out from these various posts is that BeCareful should Be Very Careful about keeping her story straight when telling her tale!

I find it very hard to believe ANYTHING BeCareful says. :roll:
aMelaPI

Postby Marc Meole on Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:24 pm

Ok I have noticed a Large influx of Melaluca questions on the board. I asked this in another post but I will ask it here too. If Melaluca is what you say they are:

1. Why can't a Mela rep make a website and mention Mela on it. That is a fact. I have spoken with various reps and been on the calls. If I were to sing up with them I can not maks a website that signs people up and mention them. I can post a list of "Maela "Team" sites (I won't because it will just be free press for them.

2. You would NO rep tell me what the comp plan was until I made a purchase. Please in there is nothing to hid post the comp lpan (or a link to it)

Marc Meole

Postby Bec on Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:26 am

hi there guy's

ive been very interested in reading what people have to say here... I have been an independant destributor of Melaleuca...a few years back.
Its sad to see what has happened. It is obvious people are not getting the full info on the business! It is in the marketing plan about auto shipping and the conditions of being a Preferred customer....and as for the products they are GREAT!!! I still use them!!!
But i can see how people can be misled in this business and its a shame people are out there doing it!!!
My upline did exactly what others are doing...not making potential business builders aware of there obligations and costs and about the back up orders....
But people need to remember that all home base business's have dishonest people scamming others....
Ive been looking into working from home now for 7 years and found them all to have there positives and negatives.
i am now happy in a home base business that has no hidden agenda and costs :D
It is sad to see a good Business ruined by fraud.... :?
I only left the company because it was not set up properly for the way i wanted to run business..not cause of fraud or products....
thanks for taking the time to read this post... :lol:
Bec

Postby rvinnie on Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Are you asaying you are no longer with Mela ??

What did you find that was better ??

HELP - I'm still looking !!
rvinnie

Postby mpickett674 on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:59 am

Hi,

Melaleuca is not a scam. I am a member. I don't do the business part of it right now. I am shy and prefer not to speak to people over the phone so I have started to focus on my new business. It is the first program listed on my site.

However, I do use their products and receive free products and huge savings.

I recommend Melaleuca to everyone!

PLUS their products are safe for those of us that have children.
Start a LEGIT Home Based Business
No inventory, No calling Inc. 500 Company
Plus a website for any use!!!
You have never seen anything like this!
http://www.my.ws/mpickett674
Please turn on your speakers first.
mpickett674

Re: re: Melaleuca

Postby aMelaPI on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:19 am

mgm75 wrote:Ok I have noticed a Large influx of Melaluca questions on the board. I asked this in another post but I will ask it here too. If Melaluca is what you say they are:

1. Why can't a Mela rep make a website and mention Mela on it. That is a fact. I have spoken with various reps and been on the calls. If I were to sing up with them I can not maks a website that signs people up and mention them. I can post a list of "Maela "Team" sites (I won't because it will just be free press for them.

2. You would NO rep tell me what the comp plan was until I made a purchase. Please in there is nothing to hid post the comp lpan (or a link to it)

See my post in the thread below that addresses this. :)

viewtopic.php?t=1612&highlight=melaleuca
aMelaPI

Postby enimary on Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:10 am

I love the fact that Mela products are so safe. They are very effective and I can have them around my grand children and not have to worry about them being poisoned. Even though the dishwashing detergent is a little more expensive, you also use a LOT less.

No one is going to charge anything to anyones account. You agree to be a customer or a business partner and your charges are authorized by YOU and YOU alone. You are not required to purchase a conversion kit unles YOU want to.

I am one of the most skeptical people I know and when I was told these products were safe around children, "I" called Poison Control to verify what I was told was correct. There are tooo many horror stories about children and pets and YOUR favorite products YOU like to buy at YOUR favorite disount or grocery store, but are full of harmful chemicals and toxins.

I love the story about one of our reps who said he joined Mela to prove to himself the products were not good and his intentions were to use each and every product he ordered, send back the empty bottles, getting his money back on everything including the business kit. To his suprise, he loved the products and loves referring others to this wonderful company.

I also know of another lady, whose sister-in-law loves her JOB, but she loves the Mela products sooo much, she actually refers and gets customers and business partners for her brother and his wife. NOW THAT IS SAYING A LOT.

Yes, some of us do better than others; it depends on your efforts, what you put into it, what YOU want out of it and maybe even your personality. I am really not the most outgoing person, but I have done good.

It is a great company with great products. Take it for a test drive and see for yourself. YOU might suprise yourself like the gentleman I mentioned above.
enimary

Return to Work at Home Scam Reports