Michelle's Work At Home Services

Discuss work at home scams, post your own scam reports, and get advice if you've been scammed. This is the place to ask questions about the questionable!

re: Michelle's Work At Home Services

Postby arobinson325 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:21 am

Avertisements

THank You SO much!! I almost did it, untill for some reason, I just decided to look here to see if this was a scam! HOLY MOLLY!! IT WAS!! I was in the middle of typing out the E-mail. Thank You, glad you guys were here. :D
arobinson325

Sponsored Advertisements

Postby chrispe on Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:09 pm

Thanks for the info about this "Service". I forwarded it to the Better Business Bureau - Internet because the scam was not listed there.
chrispe

Re: re: Michelle's Work At Home Services

Postby beaupot on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:26 pm

BeCareful wrote:Melaleuca is a SCAM. So are its' affiliates like WomenwithDreams.com (more like women with nightmares). They post on Monster & Careerbuilder as an employer then use your information to sign yo up for this MLM scam called Melaleuca. They are very slick. I listened to their presentation & before I could blink, I was on Melaleuca's website & on a three way call with them & the Rep from WID... I had no information & told them I had to wait & speak with my husband. Not only did they ignore me, the processed paperwork on my behalf without my permission. When I called Malaleuca less than 20 minutes later, I was told that I would be automatically billed $35 a month & that it could npt be cancelled. Then, another Customer Service Rep told me I could cancel for the next month if I send a handwritten letter or fax. Long story short after three days and endless long distance phone calls - they still charged me for one month for a "Starter Kit" - which is catalogs for this company.

Caution!!!! DO NOT GO ON THEIR WEBSITE!!
By simply typing in your name you are signing a legal agreement with this company. It wouldn't stand up in a court of law - but for every sucker they pull in - they are making $35 for as many months as it takes you to figure this scam out!!This has been a nightmare... I am contacting Dateline. This is the worst MLM scam ever. If the company was worthwhile, they would not have a problem attracting sales reps. The products are overpriced & after 3 months you have to spend $109 a month on their products!!! Overall, bad decision. I called a few Reps & they are making less than $100 a month after a lot of hard work.
Save your sanity....

My experience with Melaleuca was short of Scam. I like the company and find their products to be quite useful. I know of dozens of people that I have met with the company who use their income as a good second household or some use it as a main income. I was clearly told about the business opportunity, in which you get the "Starter Kit". I was not automatically signed up for anything. Melaleuca has you listen to the three way call so that you can make an intelligent decision. I believe this person missed something. Please do not discount Melaleuca, besides the fact this is not the correct place to post this complaint anyways.
beaupot

Postby Teresa_41139 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:59 pm

I too was thinking of "applying" for a position at Michelle's Work at Home service but just "never got around to it". I knew there was a reason for putting it off. The associate that I got information from was Ruth Clevinger. Beware of all her work at home opportunities also. :(
Teresa_41139

Postby dsworker on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks to all of you for letting me know about
Michelle's Work at Home Service. The good news
is that I haven't started with them yet, and based
upon the reports from all of you, I won't. I did
send in the $15.00, but I assure you that is all
the money that they will get from me.
Onward.
dsworker

Postby ladycherokee on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:53 pm

:x I know how everyone feels about this Michelle's Work at Home Services. Their websites that they issue does not even go along with the business perspectives that they are saying that it does and it goes to other websites that don't relate to the job offered. How can they exect a person to operate a company out of the home with non linkable websites for ad placements. They do need to be turned over to the BBB and besides I just recieved their package on the 22nd of February/06 and I was so anxious in getting involved with them but I've noticed there is no phone number. I don't understand why she does not have a phone number and fax number on her information. She does need to be shut down permanently. We will shut her down because my husband knows how to report mail fraud over the website through the BBB.

Peggy
Tennessee
ladycherokee

Postby prettychick419 on Mon May 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Ways of recognizing work at home scams
#1 they always ask for money. They are very clever in disguising their true agenda (which is to rip you off) some ask for an investment or startup fee, some ask for a fee to cover the cost of shipping and handling others ask for a good faith fee. Online sites that ask for a credit card in order to access the websites job offers are all scams. The bottom line is that if asked for money for any reason whatsoever then its most likely a scam.

#2 they ask you to call a number where you listen to a long recorded message or watch a video which seems to go on and on about others who work for the company and how it has changed their lives (real companies never have to sell themselves in this way)

#3 they never ask you for anything legitimate like a resume but seem eager to hire you based on just a phone conversation and startup fee.

#4 Their website starts off asking questions designed to make you think like would you like to work from home in your pajama's or how would you like to work from the comfort of you home? Real companies usually offer an email or contact number and directions on how to apply with them and never have to waste time convincing you of anything.

#5 the ad places alot of emphasis on making big money "i made a million dollars with this company last year" or an ad that says make 200 dollars typing from home or 4,500 dollars a month doing surveys.

#6 survey jobs,data entry work,assembly work at home, reading emails, paid to surf the web deals and stuffing envolopes are some of ther most famous scams. But there are many others.
Peace out
prettychick419

Postby swagen on Mon May 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Prettychick:

You can ask anyone at this forum that I am the first person to come down hard on so called scams. But you can't generalize like that. There are always exceptions.

The bottom line is this. You have to research the company. You have to email the owner and ask questions, lots of them. If they don't respond then most likely they are a scam.

I'll give you an example of where your generalizations are invalid.

One company I work for, and I thank God everyday for this "job", offers its members the opportunity to submit articles on Internet research they do for the company. Now you don't have to pay to do this job but you do have to pay to be a member of the company, which basically provides a number of real services like web hosting. That's what you pay for, the real service. The job op is just gravy but it makes me $500 a month for 2 hours work a day. And yes, I can prove it.

My point is this. Going by YOUR checklist, this company would be considered a scam by you simply because they charge a fee to their members, even though it's not for the job itself. In this case, you would be wrong, plain and simple. And there are a number of people who attend this forum who will testify that this company is legit and most definitely not a scam.

Again, you can't generalize. You have to ask questions. That's what I do. I then get things in writing if I have to. If they don't give it to me, I move on.

Having said that, 99% of the companies online fit your description.
swagen

Postby prettychick419 on Tue May 30, 2006 1:37 am

Swagen i understand that there might be few companies out there charging a fee who are legitimate but i've working from my home for the past 5 years and i can tell you that in my experience most companies asking for money upfront are usually scamming. Personally i have never collected a paycheck from a company that asked me for a fee upfront. In contrast the money i've made online has been from companies where there was no fee involved. You say i should'nt generalize but the numbers speak for themselves most people who spend upfront money in online job offers will tell you that they lost.
Peace out
prettychick419

Return to Work at Home Scam Reports