Other sites like odesk that you know?

Discuss any opportunities that do not fit one of our other categories. Get tips, advice, and support on succeeding in a specific business.

Other sites like odesk that you know?

Postby rhudder on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:27 am

Avertisements

Do you know if there are other sites out there like odesk.com?

I'm sure a lot of us here have heard about odesk.com, it really changed my life so much. But I want to know if there are other sites like odesk.com that does not require any payment at all when applying.
rhudder

Advertisements

Re: Other sites like odesk that you know?

Postby james.b on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:27 pm

I have used odesk.com before and found it quite easy to use.

I also found elance.com. It appears to be the same concept as odesk. Though, I have not signed up or tried it at all.
james.b

Postby ladybug on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Check in the Freelance Writing and Transcription section. You'll find lots of information there on the different sites.
ladybug

Postby w3bmaster on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:12 pm

GAF (getafreelancer) is the best it has fees but not a strict payment like odesk ...
w3bmaster

Postby bektas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi,

Being able to work at home is definitely a new but exciting idea for many Filipinos. Just imagine straight from your bed you can go in front of your computer sit in your favorite & most comfortable chair then go to work. But the biggest advantage in this kind of work I think is that it is very economical too. You don't have to spend a dime for your transportation & food saving you money in the process allowing you to full enjoy the earnings you get from your online job. Lastly the opportunities are endless there are hundreds of sites offering home based jobs for Filipinos. http://www.remotestaff.com.ph is one such site I saw a comprehensive list of job openings there & it will give you a good idea on how home based job works. It's really just a matter of finding these kind of sites & then finding the right job for you.
bektas

Postby Christy23 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:42 am

Project4hire.com is listed on this site under the work at home Jobs tab. I have never used it however.
My online income system
[ICS-Fun, Free Site with 100% matching referral earnings
THE BEST PTC!-If you use ptc try this site, instant payments, admin has a great reputation!
Christy23

Postby prashantsnv on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

w3bmaster wrote:GAF (getafreelancer) is the best it has fees but not a strict payment like odesk ...

Well, no offense but, GAF, according to me is not that perfect resource and even you cannot mention your name or company profile there and if you bid for some project then, price they provide are not well suites the requirement but, comparatively Odesk is worth to have good projects and you can negotiate on prices. There are many sites that are good to be explore like, Elance, which is the best to get some long terms and good projects as, they have started the rating system too and as far as payment policy concerns then, then their is a fee charge for every type of payment system in case of Odesk but, in Elance you have to become a premium member so that, the fee will be low to charge Also, you can have a look to GAC (Get a Coder) and Scriptlance.

Thanks
prashantsnv

Postby monikachaudhary on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:34 am

Workmonk.com is a great site for clients looking to get massive amounts of work done with project management and quality control. They assign a project manager to you who takes care of all your billing needs, distribution of work to freelancers, etc. It was quite a breeze for me as all I had to do was tell them what I wanted, and BANG is was there on my table a month before the deadline!
monikachaudhary

Postby sassymomonthego on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:18 am

hmm, elance, peopleperhour, rentacoder, guru-- I am also a member of oDesk and to these other 4 mentioned. But honestly, it is only Odesk that I have success so far.
sassymomonthego

Postby prettylisa on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:00 am

Hey you can check out at staff.com. They work just like odesk. It's totally free. They offer you all sorts of online jobs with clients mostly from US, UK, Canada and Australia. Just put up a profile just like how you do it on odesk. They also have monitoring tools and payment by the client is guaranteed with the help of their inhouse team.
prettylisa

Postby RyanMullins on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 am

This site is similar to odesk http://www.rankfast.net/ (no affiliation)
Founder of an Alternative News Website.

Mentored by a Online Millionaire. Watch his strategies, developed over a decade here
RyanMullins

Postby righttoo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 pm

rankfast is fairly new I believe. I hired an seo company through the network around a month ago. So fair everything is going good.
righttoo

Postby p_wyt_12 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:20 am

Freelancer and Elance is so far I know are the sites that works like oDesk. I have an account with Freelancer but didn't used it since my trust belongs to oDesk. :lol:
Having trouble with your mortgage? Know your Options for Foreclosure.
p_wyt_12

Postby pusan on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 am

There are a number of sites like odesk you can try.Elance and peopleperhour are the best alternatives to odesk.
KillerGigz-The New Micro Job Site!
pusan

Postby Andy Carter on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:55 am

I really enjoy being a freelance programmer. I do all my work over the internet. I use freelancing platforms like 99hours they have a great escrow payment system and bidding system that is reliable and safe. I must admit, when I first started, it was a little tough, but with sheer determination I’m now an independent programmer and web designer.

Andy
Andy Carter

Return to Work at Home Opportunities