Passing out flyers

A positive attitude is the first step towards work at home success. Discuss your journey towards success and any bumps along the way here!

Passing out flyers

Postby oscar on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Avertisements

Hi,Just wondering if anyone knows how to pass out flyers like ,where?is it illegal? door to door?stuff like that
See Ya Around,
Oscar
oscar

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: Passing out flyers

Postby photomom04 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:33 pm

A lot of places like grocery stores and laundromats have bulletin boards where you are allowed to leave flyers. When it comes to hotels you can always ask at the front desk if you can leave some in the lobby.

I wouldn't leave them in cars in parking lots without permission from the lots owner.
photomom04

Postby oscar on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Bulletine boards....I like that...thanks photo mom.
What about handing them out in parks?
Yeah? Nay?
Best,
Oscar
oscar

Postby moneylover on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 am

Parks are good but don't forget to hand them off in areas where the people who get them are somewhat going to be interested in your offer.
moneylover

Postby dansbanners on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:17 am

photomom04 wrote:A lot of places like grocery stores and laundromats have bulletin boards where you are allowed to leave flyers. When it comes to hotels you can always ask at the front desk if you can leave some in the lobby.

I wouldn't leave them in cars in parking lots without permission from the lots owner.

Good point. I also wouldn't post them on street or traffic light or tree poles without permission. This also reminded me of an incident from a while ago (i.e. sometime in the "pre internet days") whereas I was putting up a flyer on one of the poles. And a cop happens to be nearby and came over to let me know that I couldn't put it up. And when I hestitated a bit with a "But..." (i.e. probably going to say but I've seen other flyers on other poles nearby or something to that sort). The cop then responded "I'm trying to be nice to you...". I got the message and then proceeded not to put the flyer up. Just so you'd know.
dansbanners

Postby dflav01 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:36 pm

It totally depends on who your target market is. For me, bulletin boards at coffee shops have worked great, but grocery stores haven't. It's probably too vague of a question for anyone to answer effectively without knowing what your target demographic is.
Discover EXACTLY how to make $35,867 easily in your first 14 days with this Autopilot Traffic Machine HERE.
dflav01

Postby tracyselena on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:07 pm

I handed out flyers once ...on cars in a parking lot of a local gym. After I sat and watched what happened as people started coming out...they picked it up and immediately threw it on the ground...

Personally I think flyers are a complete waste of time unless you are in a room with highly targeted people.

Flyers tell....and you want to sell...so also I would learn some copywriting skills and make use of those in any printed materials you use.

My husband is a handyman...we did flyers at the beginning...results were dismal. I optimized his website and now 75% of his business comes from that...(the rest from word of mouth referrals)...

What business are you promoting though flyers?
Tracy Matthewman

Discover How To Make Residual Income By Using Just The Internet
http://www.DiscoverRealLiving.com
tracyselena

Postby dansbanners on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 am

tracyselena wrote:I handed out flyers once ...on cars in a parking lot of a local gym. After I sat and watched what happened as people started coming out...they picked it up and immediately threw it on the ground...

Personally I think flyers are a complete waste of time unless you are in a room with highly targeted people.

Flyers tell....and you want to sell...so also I would learn some copywriting skills and make use of those in any printed materials you use.

My husband is a handyman...we did flyers at the beginning...results were dismal. I optimized his website and now 75% of his business comes from that...(the rest from word of mouth referrals)...

What business are you promoting though flyers?

I also think that with the internet these days, the flyers are kind of outdated at this point.

In another word, "why work hard driving around, handing out flyers", not to also mention using up more paper and gas. Whereas with the internet, one could reach more audience within a shorter time span from the comfort of their home, etc.
dansbanners

Postby WayneW on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 am

Grocery stores in my area will only accommodate non-profit like org. or a school/civic type deal.
I know. I've tried.
And as far as parking lots, most of these things will just end up blowing around town with your info.
Not a good idea.
I've got a friend that does real well putting out fliers on mailboxes for local services like handyman/yard.
WayneW

Postby Flipper on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 am

Here in the UK we normally find big housing estates with lots of flats and houses and drop them through the doors. Or on a busy saturday mornings go to the supermarkets and give them out there.
Flipper

Postby dansbanners on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:25 am

WayneW wrote:I've got a friend that does real well putting out fliers on mailboxes for local services like handyman/yard.

Are you talking about mailboxes from people's homes?
dansbanners

Postby WayneW on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 am

Yes, If you live in the suburbs of Atlanta (where my bubby resides) you'll get 5-10 a week tucked into the flag on the outside of you mailbox.
WayneW

Postby Flipper on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:04 am

We get 5-10 a day in the UK ranging from pizzas, chinese, indian and loads more. Our recycling bin is nearly full everyweek just from these flyers.
Flipper

Return to Work at Home Advice, Tips and Support