Someone PLEASE Help Me Find a legit Work From Home Job

Discuss any opportunities that do not fit one of our other categories. Get tips, advice, and support on succeeding in a specific business.

Someone PLEASE Help Me Find a legit Work From Home Job

Postby tlafond on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Avertisements

I am a new mother and would love to be able to stay at home with my child, but I still need to have an income to. I have already tried a few things out there but they haven't worked out.
I enjoy putting things together and working on the computer. I am really sick of putting money out for these so called "work at home and make big money " scams and to be truthful the money is getting short to be joining all these bussiness and not get anything in return. So if someone out there could please send me some info on some really good work at home jobs with little or no start up fee and pays pretty good I would be very thankfull
Tara :lol:[/b]

P.S I prefer not to be tied up on the phone calling or being called due to I can't promis my baby will be good enough for me to talk
Last edited by tlafond on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tlafond

Sponsored Advertisements

re: Someone [b]PLEASE Help [/bMe Find a legit Work From Home

Postby swagen on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:18 pm

If you like writing, you might want to check out the link in my signature. If not, then this is definitely not for you.

If you have other skills like typing, Ladybug could give you some tips on getting transcriptionist jobs online.
swagen

Postby questarthews on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:10 pm

If you are interested in doing something long term and part time, you may want to consider the third link in my sig.

There is no money in it right now, but it is free, and once they begin installation, you will get some real money assuming you spend the time now building in your spare time.

Either way, take a look and see if it's something you would be interested.
questarthews

Postby maelztorm on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Welcome Tara and I am sorry to hear about your woes with the work at home scams...
in here they are all exposed so you at the right place..
Just take your time and see what some individuals have to offer and I am pretty sure you will find something that you could work with...
Best of luck to you...
maelztorm

re: Someone PLEASE Help Me Find a legit Work From Home Job

Postby Sire on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:59 am

You may want to try blogging. It takes a couple of months to get going but once you are over that hurdle you could make over a hundred dollars a week. It's not a huge amount but it definately comes in handy.
Buy Online Lotto Tickets
Wassup Blog
Top Sexual AidsMy blog on sexual aids, aimed at helping the sexual experience of married couples.
Sire

Postby dfrntstuf on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Tara,

I read your post with interest. You seem to be in the same position as many young mothers; how do you devote the time and energy that is required in order to give your child the solid foundation that that is necessary in a world that is becoming more complex every day, but at the same time make the monetary contribution to your household that you need to make in order to give your child that solid foundation. This is a very difficult question. I wish that I had a magic bullet program that I could send you to. I don't and I don't think that anyone else on this forum does either. But, there is no shortage of opportunities being presented here. I'm sure that many of these, with the proper implementation will generate income for you. Most of them will require some investment in money and that other commodity which is very scarce for new mothers...time. I have a daughter with a nine month old daughter of her own. She is almost always dead tired from trying to juggle her necessary child rearing responsibilities with her also very necessary income producing responsibilities as an elementary school teacher. She would like to quit teaching and devote her full attention to raising her daughter, but her family, like most families these days need two incomes just to maintain.

By now I'm sure that you are asking yourself; I wish that this guy would get to the pitch. Well here it is. Click on the link in my signature, join this company and get your friends and family to join. Any one over the age of thirteen can join. I am not suggesting that you do this to the exclusion of all else because as I said there are no magic bullets. However in your case, promotion of this company is something that you can do without it taking away from your parental duties. One method that I am using is business cards with my referral link on them. Just the name of the company, my referral link, and the company catch phrase/ slogan. No name, no phone number. This is not necessary, everything is explained on the website. I leave a trail of these things wherever I go. On tables in restaurants, on bulletin boards when I run across one, and my favorite, tuck them into computer books and magazines in bookstores and news stands. Some people see this as an incredible opportunity (one of the administrators of this forum in fact) others, including a prolific poster here who is also moderator of this forum, consider it a waste of time. This gentleman is of the opinion that nothing of value is achieved with a generous contribution of blood, sweat and tears. I, on the other hand do not share that philosophy. While the willingness to work your butt off will surely increase your chances of success in any venture, I think that luck and timing can be powerful allies. Who knows what is the right approach?
I don't; I can only go in the direction that my disposition leads me. Time will tell.

Let me create a hypothetical situation. You explore this forum and decide on two opportunities. One involves some investment of money and a considerable investment of time. The other; the program that I am promoting requires an investment of time, most of which is invested while going about your daily life. The first program; I think that I will call it the "Blood, Sweat, and Tears Program", starts to produce a small growing income fairly soon. The second opportunity, which I will call "The Pie in the Sky Program" starts rather slowly, with you recruiting your mother, father, sister, brother, grandmother, grandfather, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends and neighbors and generally anyone who spends any time online.
Well, after a few weeks, you still are not making any money but your "Pie in the Sky" team keeps growing because your referrals are telling a few other people about "Pie in the Sky". One day you receive an email from "Pie in the Sky" telling you that through the recruiting efforts of its early members, (one of which is you) the company has grown to 2,000,000 members and is generating a positive cash flow and your share of that cash flow is .15 per team member. You go the website to find out how many members your team has. You might have even stopped telling people about the opportunity a couple of months before, because you had not made any money. When you bring up the website, you find that where the last time you visited, you had 35 people on your team; you now have 255. The company is sending you a check for $38.25. Not a lot of money, for sure, but your phone starts to ring. People all calling to tell you that they got paid, and they are going to start telling everybody about "Pie in the Sky". Three days later, you again check the website, now your team has 450 members. A week later, you are at 700. At this point, the sky is the limit.
I am sure that there will be people who will say that I am full of crap and this will never happen. Well, maybe not, but....maybe so. However, it definitely will not happen if you don't join. Now, during this same period you are still working "Blood, Sweat, and Tears". You have recouped your initial investment and you are hoping to make a couple of hundred dollars this month in return for all those nights of work at the computer after you put the baby to bed. Then you get your second monthly check from "Pie in the Sky", it is three times what your first check was and you're not doing anything other than occasionally telling someone about "Pie in the Sky" and leaving a trail of cards wherever you go. The time that you have been dedicating to "Blood, Sweat and Tears" every evening is in fact a major contribution to your new success with "Pie in the Sky"; because the only requirement of a member of "Pie in the Sky" is to spend five hours a month on line. Now your income with "Pie in the Sky" has eclipsed your income from "Blood Sweat and Tears". The trick here is exponential growth. Of course, I am talking hypothetically here, but what I am suggesting is not impossible.

This program that I'm talking about has incredible potential and the early participants who share the opportunity with others stand to benefit the most. If you should happen to join, you will be an early participant as the program just began in November. There is a thread on the "Get Paid To" section of this board that I started right after I joined the company. It is a fairly large thread with both pro and con opinions about this opportunity.
As you prowl around on Why Do Work, looking for something that suits you and your situation, keep in mind that you can do this in conjunction with anything else. There is absolutely no investment of money and if you share this with people you can build a team that pays you five levels deep.
The only thing that is required of the members of this company is to be online for five hours per month. That makes being a member of Agloco a no brainer. Agloco??? That is the name of the company. It is an acronym for A GLObal COmmunity.

I guess that you have figured out by now that this post is not directed at you solely but at all the people who are looking for something to do to make extra money. In my opinion it only makes sense to add this to your
economic arsenal. I hope that you will join me in helping to build this company, but whatever you do, good luck.
Dfrntstuf
---------------------------

http://Iphonesitereviews.blogspot.com/
dfrntstuf

Postby swagen on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Hey Stuf:

Nice post, and a lot of great advice.

But let me inject some reality to this whole thing, and I am speaking from painful experience.

There is no program out there, my own included, that can guarantee you will make even one penny.

Why?

1. There is no automated system in this world where the $100 bills fall from the sky. Anybody who tells you that is lying. Any program you join or any business you start, takes a ton of work.

2. Not everybody has what it takes or wants to work that hard. I don't mean to throw cold water on this great opportunity, but the truth is, as much praise as my own program has gotten from many people, I still have those who not only made no money, but even asked for a refund.

Why?

They either were not physically or mentally capable of doing the work or quite simply, they didn't want to.

I just posted an article here today called "A Dose Of Reality" I really think it is a must read for everyone. No, I didn't write it. A person a lot smarter than myself did. It's probably the most true thing anybody will ever tell you on the Internet.

I wish you luck finding what you are looking for. I am not quite sure it exists for you, because only YOU know how hard you're willing to work.
swagen

Postby dfrntstuf on Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Steve,

The concept here is to build an economic network that will redirect some of the money that is coming from Google, Amazon and others into the coffers of Agloco where it can be shared with the members. The Viewbar is key here.
With the Viewbar installed, when a user has to make a search, they click on Google on the Agloco Viewbar instead of the IE or Firefox Google icon. If you have not researched the Agloco business plan, you should. These people have the experience of All-Advantage to draw from. That company was generating a bunch of money until the bubble burst. They think that they can do it again...better. From what I understand, one important difference between the two programs is that Agloco is not Pay per Click. You can click all day long and not make any more money. You might generate more money for Agloco by indiscriminate clicking but you won't noticeably change your earnings. This will prevent the wide spread fraud that reportedly hurt All-Advantage. This company is going to pay members equally regardless of where they are in someone's down line. Your point is well taken (from one of your posts on the Agloco thread) that the average person is not going to make a killing on Agloco. That may very well be true, but I thought that the idea of this forum is to present opportunities that can turn into substantial incomes for above average people. The people who help build the member base will reap the rewards if the company is successful, by virtue of their down lines. A five level down line is very powerful.

The whole point of my post was to try to get people to join this effort. If Agloco is successful in enlisting a member base of several million members, they will be able to negotiate some very lucrative affiliate deals with some of the big internet companies. Since I got involved with Agloco I have been doing some research on the kind of money that is being made by ISP's and browser companies just from Google. Mozilla Foundation, the non profit parent of the Firefox browser, more than doubled their income from 2004 to 2005 (the most recent figures available) to $52,000,000. This is a company that hardly had an income five years before. Consider the affiliate commissions paid out by Amazon and Ebay. I have been selling on Ebay since 1999 and I only recently realized that they have an affiliate program. I think I'll join. With these big money companies displayed on their Viewbar, Agloco can take a nice piece of that action and distribute it among their members. The big companies that pay out the commissions don't care who they pay it to. The internet is a wide open arena and the guy with the most innovative plan wins. If Agloco grows large enough to work a lucrative deal with Google to run its search icon on their viewbar, do you think that Firefox or Internet explorer will stop displaying the Google icon to punish them for redistributing some of their income? Not likely.

I have never understood your adverse reaction to the Agloco opportunity.
While I did not agree with your opinions about autosurfs; I understood your strong personal ethical and moral convictions against them. In the case of this company, there is nothing to lose and everything to gain. You could in good conscience recommend it to your list and very possibly build a large team in a short time. Then if this takes off, like I think it is going to, you will make a lot of money and so will the people that you recommend it to. If it doesn't, what have you lost but some time and your email address. You already have a network, and you seem to be online 25/8. You apparently have a lot of respect for the people who run this site. If they did not think that Agloco is a viable concept, do you really think that they would be blasting their ads all over my Agloco thread.

In the sales world they tell you that you have to "ask for the sale". That's what I'm doing now. Why don't you join Agloco, do some promoting and see what happens. You have nothing to lose.

I know that there is work involved in everything. These long drawn out posts that I submit here don't write themselves.
Dfrntstuf

dfrntstuf

Postby swagen on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Sorry, if my post was misinterpreted.

I wasn't blasting the Agloco op at all. I was just speaking in generalities.

However, Agloco is unique in this respect.

Because of the nature of what it is, you are going to have probably more people involved in it than any other opportunity online. I am not exaggerating when I say that.

So what's my point?

Given the nature of what it is, should it attract the huge number of people I expect it will, the profits will obviously have to be split up between them. Unless this company makes an outrageous sum of money, it is doubtful that many will really benefit substantially from it.

My staying away from it is simply a matter of seeing what it would take to truly make something substantial with it and realizing that ultimately that will involve my having to, for lack of a better term, "take advantage" of the people who have purchased my product by including Agloco in it. I'm just not ready to do that when I know that the average person isn't going to make anything from it.

I have nothing personally against Agloco. It's actually an interesting concept and I hope it works. It's just not for me. But again, that wasn't the point of my post. It was simply to say that you don't get anything in life without working for it.

I doubt that this company will be any different.
swagen

Postby dfrntstuf on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:35 pm

OK. It never hurts to ask. What I was referring to by blasting was not your posts. I was referring to the Agloco ads that are posted all thru the Agloco thread.

There is no need to include Agloco in the product that you are selling. You have a website. You could have a link, a brief description of the program and let the people who visit your website make up their own minds. I am sure that that your customers are intelligent people who can figure out for themselves if the want participate in any opportunity that they are offered; and they can certainly make that decision about a free program.
Who knows, you may have some customers or potential customers who are looking for this very type of opportunity. If you offer it, and someone signs up, you both benefit if the program takes off.

On the subject of working for what you get. I submitted a few posts to the forum right after I started the Agloco thread, then 12by12daily went south. That was my main reason for visiting WhyDoWork. Shortly after that I changed computers and I could not find my password. So I didn't couldn't come by. Then one day I visited Agloco and found that I had quite a few signups. So I decided to start posting about Agloco again. It took about a week of submitting lost password requests to admin before I was able to get back on. That takes me up to when I started posting again about a week or so ago. I have personally signed up four people, my other six direct referrals have come from this forum. I now have 55 people on my team, other than my four personal direct referrals, everyone else is a result of the people I recruited here and their referrals. None of my personal directs have done anything. Since I have got actively involved again, submitting posts here and there, I haven't done squat. Maybe my do nothing strategy is best.
Dfrntstuf

dfrntstuf

Postby Web Auto Income on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi, believe me I understand your frustration in your post, I was once where you are now. My question to you is, are you willing to work hard? Or do you want to press a button a make 10K per month? If you want to press a button and make 10K per month, I can't help you. But if you're willing to work hard everyday, then I can certainly show you how I've done it.

Personally I've tried a great deal many things on the Internet to make money from home, some of them worked, most did not.

What I found out was the cold hard truth that no matter what you do, it's going to take a lot of work to make it successful. So many people have the impression that it's so easy to make a living from home, and the fact of the matter is it's not easy at all.

There are so many things you could do to make a living online from home, so many different opportunities, but for me the best one of them all was "affiliate marketing", why?

Because I learned the secret to affiliate marketing, it's all about the numbers, on the Internet it's a numbers game, and when you are able to get targeted (free) traffic to an affiliate site all automatically, then not only will you make money from that website, but more importantly you will make automatic money, another words you won't have to do anything else to make that money, (residual income).

To me that's the best business there is on the Internet because you don't have anything to ship, no inventory, no phone calls, no overhead, no headaches. And once you get yourself up to the level you want to be at, you can basically retire, the websites will run themselves and you will get checks in the mail every month.

Now here is the reality though, in order to get there you need to have two very important and crucial things. First you need to know what you're doing, simple as that, you need to have the right tools and know what you're doing.

Second, you need to work hard, you can't just work 10 minutes a day and expect to get anywhere, and it's so easy to get lazy when you're at home.

But if you have the right tools, and you know exactly what you're doing, and you're willing to work hard at it everyday, I kid you not you could retire in one year making a good solid 5K to 7K per month.

But in my experience most people simply aren't willing to do the work, simple as that, only maybe 1 in 50 people will do it.

I got so sick and tired of all the scams on the Internet, and being scammed myself, that I created my own system that works, now I teach that system through a 13 hour video course.

But do you know what I found? Seriously, I kid you not, at least half the people who have bought my course don't even watch the whole thing, lol.

The reality is most people simply won't do any work, or at least the work necessary to make it, and I suppose that's true for all business in the world, in order to make it you must work hard at it, and you must know what you're doing.

Anyway, I just thought I'd give my two cents and vent a little :-)

I think there is so much opportunity out there for anyone who is willing to work hard, and with affiliate marketing if you put in the hard work, just put your head down and focus, working hard everyday, there will come a day when you will reach a financial comfort level and then you can retire, no matter what your age is.

I have reached that level myself, I have a little over 100 affiliate marketing websites online and I make a really nice living from them.

My motto is a very old one, "you reap what you sow".
Web Auto Income

Postby forumposters on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:02 pm

What topics or subject areas do you know well and like to write about? I might be able to find a forum posting job or two for you.
forumposters

Postby jtrollope on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Liveops.com
westathome.com

just a couple of the top at-home call center jobs tht I work for. set your own hours, the pay is per minute of talk time.
jtrollope

Postby allpossible on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Never pay anyone any fees. Once you mention work from home, people just send you tens of thousands ads to help you get rick tomorrow using their approved methods. I'm so sick of hearing that. I'm so sick of that now everytime I hear 'work from home' just sends an alarm to my ears. I just think there's only the traditional and simple methods of working at home, such as babysit for other mothers, cleaning, organizing, tutoring, cooking, doing laundry, running errands. You can charge up to $25/hour for cleaning and $30/hour for cooking depends on where you live. Jobs like that will start slowly but once you get it going, people will refer friends to you. My friend is an organic cleaner who charges $35/hour to clean with organic stuff. She works 15 hours/week. You can even do wedding planning, closet organizing, etc. Take a look how much people charge for cleaning: http://www.benefito.com/services/cleaning/-pg.html and cooking: http://www.benefito.com/services/Private+Chef/-pg.html
allpossible

Postby mocha1482 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:02 pm

allpossible

It seems like you are bitter about work from home programs. Alot of people don't do the traditional and simple things. Some of us actually pay for school training and things so we can go beyond traditional and simple. That does not mean we are being scammed just because we go into our pockets to further ourselves. So to think that anything that isn't traditional or simple is not a good way to go is very closed-minded.
mocha1482

Return to Work at Home Opportunities