Stuffing Envelopes

Discuss any opportunities that do not fit one of our other categories. Get tips, advice, and support on succeeding in a specific business.

Stuffing Envelopes

Postby mrambo249 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:46 am

Avertisements

Has anyone tried the Envelope Stuffing position at the top of this page? Is it legitimate? I am going crazy not having any money coming in. I could really use some ideas.
Michele Rambo
mrambo249

Sponsored Advertisements

re: Stuffing Envelopes

Postby peterRoland on Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:10 am

not sure...are you talking about one that was in an ad?
peterRoland

Postby mrambo249 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:18 am

It's the ad at the top of this page that says they will pay you $5 for every envelope you stuff.
I actually was able to answer my own question on this one. The fine print says that you have to run the ads to get people signed up and then you send out packets to them. I really need something solid and reliable.

Any Ideas?
Michele Rambo
mrambo249

Postby Marc Meole on Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:35 pm

That adds at the top of thi page are just google adds. You will want to stay away from Envelope Stuffing. They are all really just scams. You will pretty mush want to stay away from anything that says it will make you money over night or that just seem too good to be true....There are alot scams out there. Here are some tip I came up with awhile ago:

1. Full Disclosure- They must disclose the following without you having to pay 1 cent or make a phone call· What does the company you are part of do. i.e. sell books, Internet service etc. · What will you be required to do · Compensation Plan - How much will you be getting paid for what you are required to doI can't tell you how frustrating (I'm sure many of you know) it is to find a website that looks like it could be a winner but you have to buy into the program to get all of the requirements. i.e. become an affiliate for $30 and well will send you the compensation plan with you "kit"

2. Free Training- You should NEVER have to purchase training materials. The basic "How To" should be total free

3. Free Sign up- You should be able to be an affiliate without having a "mandatory" monthly purchase

4. Strong Support Groups- This is vital. You need to have a place you can go and ask questions for people that have been where you are. I was part on "Program" that told me they would teach be the business. All they ever did was take be out looking at suff I could buy when I was rich. That didn't impress me.

5. Diverse Products- You need to find a company that has more than one type of product. You will be able to reach a much wider audience this way.

6. Scam Free- Bad reputations are very hard to over come. One of the things I do is check out http://www.BBB.org to see if there are any unanswered complaints. Then I check out sites like http://www.scambusters.org/ to see what they have to say. Also I do a google on the company with words like scam or stay away from. (important note: read the negitive remarks. Some people try to bad mouth a company just because they didn't "get rich quick")

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum :wink:
Marc Meole

Postby mrambo249 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:43 am

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the info. I have already been hit by a scam (can you tell I'm new to this?) I need some work so bad I just don't know what to do. I don't want to get into Sales / Maketing. I really would prefer something in the line of Data Entry / Typing.
I would welcome any ideas or leads that anyone might have.

Thank You for the welcome! :D
Michele Rambo
mrambo249

Postby mandyj on Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:45 am

hey mrambo, welcome to the site! :)

In my entire life i have yet to see a legitimate stay at home position stuffing envelopes...i think those jobs ended years ago!
mandyj

Postby jpb1958 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:56 pm

Hi mrambo
I just joined this site and picked up on your question.
A couple of years ago I tried stuffing envelopes. The kind of stuff I did was junk mail....hey someone has to do it right??
There were about 9 different leaflets to put in the envelope. I got paid for the work I did but it worked out to around 60p per hour!!!! :shock:

Look elsewhere. Where?......well I dunno...thats why Im here writing this :D

John
jpb1958

Postby cherry402 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:23 am

I have yet to find a legitimate stuffing envelope company...
cherry402

Re: re: Stuffing Envelopes

Postby raj332210 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 am

mrambo249 wrote:Hi Marc,

Thank you for the info. I have already been hit by a scam (can you tell I'm new to this?) I need some work so bad I just don't know what to do. I don't want to get into Sales / Maketing. I really would prefer something in the line of Data Entry / Typing.
I would welcome any ideas or leads that anyone might have.

Thank You for the welcome! :D

i would not prefer to join data entry type work. most of these r scam. better to join affiliate programs
raj332210

Postby Nogard on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Envelope stuffing is a big scam. You won't make any money from it if you even find a job doing it. Most of the jobs want you to pay $79.00 to do this and they never send you anything. Stay away from it.
Nogard

Postby scamclub on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:34 am

Visit http://www.scamclub.com to find other types of scams & frauds.

Thanks
Anna
scamclub

Postby mocha1482 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 pm

If envelope stuffing was legit I am pretty sure all of us would want to sit home everyday and make $1000 a week. But too bad it is all one big scam. It is a good thing you asked about it though.
mocha1482

Postby sasha1234 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 pm

has anyone one found a legite stay at home job? i am a stay at home mom and need a job i can do. i knew someone who tried the stuffing envelopes and they never got paid for it.
sasha1234

Postby ladybug on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:55 pm

I do transcription from home and there are many customer service jobs available ranging from order taking to customer assistance along with many, many other types of work.
ladybug

Postby sasha1234 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:19 pm

i am looking for something, anything. i am willing to train to do it. but its hard for me to get out to get a real job. i have some skills. i am good with a computer. i use to work in a place where i had to deal with a lot of people, so i could do somethind with that.
sasha1234

Return to Work at Home Opportunities