TEXT121 is a SCAM

Discuss work at home scams, post your own scam reports, and get advice if you've been scammed. This is the place to ask questions about the questionable!

TEXT121 is a SCAM

Postby metalmissy on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:15 pm

Avertisements

I worked for them about a month and 1/2 and they don't give you your pay when they claim they say they will. I am short on my rent this month and can't pay it because they screwed me over.

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!

The entire time I worked for them they lied...they lied about the method in which I was being paid, they lied about claiming to have sent me all these emails informing me the method was changed, they lied about the number of messages I was to send in a month

On top of all that, one of the managers replied to me in a very unprofessional manner calling me very rude and inappropriate things when I inquired about my pay.
metalmissy

Advertisements

re: TEXT121 is a SCAM

Postby Cherry on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:38 am

They are very unprofessional and rude. I agree with you that they don't like to email you back when you ask about your pay. MetalMissy you can email me anytime. I just washed my hands with text121 and i only worked with them for a little less than 2 weeks.
Cherry

re: TEXT121 is a SCAM

Postby xBoobooKittYx on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:56 am

121 is not a scam though. Unprofessional - oh yes I completely agree with you there. However, if you follow their ever changing rules and basically kiss bum to a particular owner/manager then you will be fine.

They do pay and as far as I know the stipulations that they require is that you meet a certain amount before they will process your payment. There obviously was an issue with the number of texts you sent but that could've been because they don't pay (last I heard) on texts that aren't delivered. And as far as your emails go, that could've been a spam filter or the wrong address they had for you that you didn't get their emails.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to defend them as I personally think they are a horrible company & after they threatened me with giving out my personal information I said I was done as well - but there are hundreds of others who are working for them and doing great. Would I recommend them - not a chance. But they do offer newbies a way to get into texting to get on with much better companies.
Relay for Life Please donate - every dollar helps! Participate last name: Coppes
xBoobooKittYx

Re: TEXT121 is a SCAM

Postby anoni on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:20 pm

NOBODY SHOULD WORK FOR TEXT121!
Don't even think you will make a cent. Well that is all you make. You're required to do 2000 messages per month at 7 cents per message, then if you don't you get locked out. You cannot make a living like this unless you live in the chat and have no outside responsibilitie or life.
This is a warning to anyone considering applying for a position with this company. They are dishonest! I worked for them for a year and they promised to give a pay increase and then they said they could not pay us the agreed amount and only the lower rate or they would have to go out of business. Anotherwords they would go out of business after they lied !Then they ruin your computer by sending ut computer viruses.
They had somewhere in the range of one million messages and imagine at $1.00 or more per message they receive revenue from and they pay theire employees peanuts!
They don't have decency to reply to email, they block you out and they mistreat they're employees.
They make promises they don't keep, they're ripping men off by luring them to text chatting and then they lead them on while the men and some women too, seeking companionship, thinking they will get a date and little do they know they will never meet ever!
Meanwhile they get these phone bills that rack up into the hundreds and thousands.
It's immoral and illegal! I encourage everyone to contact state and federal agencies about this horrible company.
If you want an online job there are ethical ones and this one you want to stay clear of. So many jump in out of desperation and in this case as I was, I learned a hard lesson. Not to mix with immoral, unethical, lying people without any integrity whatsoever.
anoni

Postby Guidance on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:08 am

Sorry to hear of the bad experiences....but thanks for posting the information here to give others a 'heads up' on this one.
Elle
Download This Free Ebook & Boost Your Online Business TODAY http://www.makemoneyfreeonlinereviews.com
Guidance

Postby somanyderrrs on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 am

TEXT121 is NOT a scam, they are a legitimate company that has been around for years. The problem with alot of people that apply for jobs like these is they don't view it as a serious job and don't read instructions they are given, rules or contracts. When they don't reach the 2000 message minimum ( which is VERY easy to reach) they wonder why they are let go then go whining on message boards trying to get sympathy.
If they had read what they were given, followed rules and set forth some work ethic by actually "working" there wouldn't have been reason to whine and they could be making money.
I have worked for them for over 3 and a half years and have NEVER gotten a "virus" as someone suggested they gave out. I have NEVER been "lied to" about anything, I have NEVER been mistreated and I've ALWAYS beed paid on time and in full. When I was trained I actually read the instructions I was given and followed company rules. When rules have changed I actually PAID ATTENTION and knew what I needed to do after the change.
Sorry, but I'm just tired of people whining and making false accusations to cover their own inadequacies. If you want to make money from home and work for a company that actually cares, I recommend them.
somanyderrrs

Postby FrstHkr on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:42 am

Working for Text121 is a horrible job. I had to work every single day of the month just to make their minimum. They don't have non-stop texts to answer so sometimes you are just sitting there waiting. It wasn't worth the time involved to make $140 a month, that amount of money is a joke to be paid. It was no where close to being paid minumum wage per hour. Don't work for them, you'd be better off with anyone else but them!
FrstHkr

Postby CindyC on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 am

I don't Understand why people say this company is scamming i have worked for them for off and on for about 3.5 years as an operator and a Moderator,Not once did i never receive my pay,This is a long time company with lots of good reputation but you have to follow the rules,you don't make your 2000 messages then yes you are going to not get paid its right in the manuals and files you should have received when you started and the contract you signed as well,Things change and you should carefully read everything so you know the rules

as for the comment about working every day to make money ,No that's not the case you cant just log on for an hour a day and think you are making something,65 messages a day would bring you your 2000,but why would you just sit there and only Aim for 2000? I work 5 days a week for just a few hours each day and do pretty well ,you can only make what you put into it

I have referred many friend to text 121 and i still will ,they are the only texting company i would devote my time to!
CindyC

Postby Blonde_Abs on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 am

I am sorry but I have to disagree with the majority here. I have worked with Text121 for a few years and I have never had a problem. I have also done well above the minimum that was quoted and I still only commit part time hours? I have found that I only need to commit a couple of hours whenever I have free time and I make myself a nice tidy little sum. I have never not been paid, never had an issue with any of the managers or moderators so I don't see why there is such a problem?

If the effort is put in then the targets that are outlined are easily achieved. I have had many bad experiences with other Texting companies and I am pleased that Text121 have offered me the security that they have. Maybe as someone stated before, if the same amount of effort was placed into messages as there was into complaining about Text121 you would have had nothing to complain about.

My advice - your not cut out for working from home. Go back to Mcd's - there they really do treat you like cheap labour LOL!
Blonde_Abs

Postby darlingdeb on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:31 pm

so, what do you Text121 devotees think of the pay cut for mods AND ops??
darlingdeb

Postby Watp4 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Possibly down to poor customer service more than anyhting.. as with most things
Watp4

Postby furyfingers on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:01 am

I too have worked for Text121 as an op and a Mod and was appalled at the way the bosses spoke to the Mods. There was almost constant brow beating and berating and talk of a lack of teamwork and co-operation as if she was not aware that the vast majority of her staff was doing this part time. It was very similar to those movies with one of those ships of rowers, with a whip cracking slave driver walking up and down between the isles. She often threated to impose additional hours on Mods if they did not take on more work voluntarily. I suppose recruiting more Mods was just out of the question.

One thing is for sure, the more you tell an employee they can be easily replaced, the less they will want to go above and beyond for you if their position: 1-pays very little for the amount of time invested, 2-has no benefits other than being allowed to work from home and 3-all they have to look forward to is a check for a few hundred dollars once a month. In fact, they just may take on the attitude that their job is just as easily replaced as they are.

On a high note though there are several ways to start up your own texting company. All anyone needs to do is get a few modest websites together and buy some domain names to advertise the actual number the customers will be texting, get the word out to the websites via chat rooms and linking to adult webcam sites, then purchase the number from the Common Short Code Administration (which you can google). There are even a few businesses that will get you going with no money out of pocket to use their operators. So if you wanted to go that route you most certainly could beat out the middle man and be your own Text121 then employ all of the people you wanted from where you wanted.
furyfingers

Postby amywill5918 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:50 am

I'm going to form my own opinion of the company but I did notice that the "indidviduals" who talked up text121 as great only made one post on whydowork.com - only for this text121. So I'm just wondering if the owners are putting text121 into google to see if their are any forums bashing them and signing up just to dispute it. I'm not saying this is the case, but I just thought it interesting to note the one post.
amywill5918

Postby princess12 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Im considering joinin the company text121 and was just wondering for some advice from their employees.
I am considering the 3000 text contract realisically hour many hours a week will this be?
I hear of this training, but what does it actually consist of, as i have been told its all online?
Also i am a bit concerned with giving them my personal information such as my worker information NI etc, are they to be trusted?
How do they pay, is there only directly into bank account available, and is it safe to give them my bank details?
How does the system actually work?Are you speaking to many different people at the same time?They said old chats open up when you sign in, but im not really sure how this works in relation to the customer?Do the customers choose who they want to text?So therefore if no one wants to text you your unlikely to make any money?
Are the first texts like flirty then it gets more shall we say serious, or do you start straight away with filthy things?lol
princess12

Postby bluebird on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:10 am

Like princess 12, I would like to try this and learn how this works. If there are no financial investments involved, maybe it is worth my time to learn and experience this texting method of earning some money online. Can you give a link to this site?
bluebird

Return to Work at Home Scam Reports