TRANSAM ASSOCIATES

Discuss work at home scams, post your own scam reports, and get advice if you've been scammed. This is the place to ask questions about the questionable!

TRANSAM ASSOCIATES

Postby kristisha on Mon May 19, 2008 11:17 am

Avertisements

I just wanted to pass a word around to those who are considering working for TranSam company. If you are a trained MT seeking entry-level work as a medical transcriptionist, please by all means STAY AWAY from this company. The will do no more than rip you off money by making you buy their MT software and never putting peole into real work situations. The only thing they care for is for your MONEY from your purchase of their equipment(total of $490). This is obviously a SCAM. They want the money upfront and they offer NO refunds for any circumstances.
They make their program especially attractive by offering live chats with representatives who answer your questions on line and they tempt you to buy their software as soon as possible. They have no other contact phone number aside from the main number of their company, so you can't talk to someone on the phone.

Bottom line is.. you should NOT pay someone money in order to get the job. The equipment itself(which is nothing more than audio player to play files on) is itself not worth $490! Needless to say, they would not even consider waiving their requirement for training for those who've already been trained and clearly are qualified to start the job. No special placement tests are given for those who want to prove their skills. It is really unfair to those with a strong medical background or those who've already had 2 yrs of experience as MT and want to move into home-based work!

With all this said, if you are a person who wants to find a real home-based opportunity, consider other options like joing AAMT group or finding an interniship with some company, but don't fall into TranSam bull and waisting your time and money into buying their software. You'll be like in a dead end,stuck in their training forever.
Good luck to all MTs out there who are reading this message.
kristisha

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: A word about TRANSAM ASSOCIATES

Postby ladybug on Mon May 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Okay, two things about that post:

One:

If you are a trained MT seeking entry-level work as a medical transcriptionist, please by all means STAY AWAY from this company.

Trained or not, stay away from these guys. They have a bad track record for not paying their people. You just stay in training mode forever apparently.

Second:

you should NOT pay someone money in order to get the job

In this case you aren't paying for a job, you are paying for software that is specific to this company. My problem with this is, transcription should be universal which in my opinion puts these people not in the transcription but in the software business -- that's where they're making their money, from the sales of their transcription software which is exclusive to them and them alone.

And further:

It is really unfair to those with a strong medical background or those who've already had 2 yrs of experience as MT and want to move into home-based work!

Knowing that TransAm is mostly interested in trainees, why would an experienced MT even LOOK at them when there are so many other legitimate companies out there? TransAm Associates is well known by just everybody in the transcription world. They offer a test that is passable by anybody because they don't allow anybody to fail it.
ladybug

Postby mwoodward on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:31 am

Has anyone ever reported them to the Attorney General? I spent money for half the fee for the Software and the foot pedal. They kept saying the would sign me up for a placement test and that was the last I have heard from them. I have had 19 years experience and just lost my job, so that was a lot of money to be out.

Margaret Woodward

mailto:margaretw573@gmail.com
mwoodward

Postby ladybug on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:47 am

As far as getting your money back from them, I can't help you there, but I can direct you to a site where you may be able to find some suggestions on companies that are hiring: http://www.transcriptionessentials.com

Also check out the transcription thread in this forum. I've posted a list of a lot of companies that offer transcription work from home.
ladybug

Re: TRANSAM ASSOCIATES

Postby tlarnold on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:10 am

If you used your credit card to pay for this scam you should contact your bank or card company and file a charge back on the transaction. You should tell them that you have found this company to be a scam and they are not sending you proper equipment or products as described and refuse to refund you.

It is better than doing nothing. At least they will investigate the company. If everyone that was rooked starts filing charge backs then it will force the company to stop when all their money is being held up or taken back away from them through credit card charge backs. You are safeguarded by your CC company just contact them and ask what you need to do.
tlarnold

Postby tkay770 on Wed May 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks for your post I recently received an email from this company. I almost failed for it but reveiwing all the post that this company has made me relized WHAT A SCAM FROM THESE PEOPLE! AND HOW DARE THEM! HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH PEOPLE MONEY WITHOUT SOMEONE PUTTING A STOP TO THE A__ HOLES. Sorry for what happened to you but thanks for your advise. I do have a job where I work from home and what stood out about these people they say you donot need high speed internet basiclly all the online jobs that I have been successfull with it requires a min speed and they do a computer scan to make sure your comp is quailfied for there system. Well anyway thank again!
tkay770

Postby stayhome mom on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Wow!!! Thank you very much for your post. I almost fail for this company. I posted my resume on the yahoo Hot job site and they contacted me. It sounded so nice and I was very excited. I sent the transcribed "The sample dictation" back to them yesterday and I was waiting for their reply. I am so glad to read your post!!!!!!!!!!! Saved my money. :lol:
stayhome mom

Postby maxant12307 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:44 pm

I HAVE GOT TO TELL YOU ALL HOW VERY WRONG YOU ALL ARE ABOUT TRANSAM. I EARNED A DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION THROUGH ANOTHER SCHOOL AS WELL BUT I BEGAN TRANSAM'S TRAINING PROGRAM AND PASSED IT AND AM NOW DOING PAID WORK FOR THEM AND GAINING THE EXPERIENCE THAT THE OTHER COMPANIES REQUIRE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE I WOULD HAVE STARTED IF IT WASN'T FOR TRANSAM BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE TURNED ME AWAY SAYING I DIDN'T HAVE THE REQUIRED 2+ YEARS EXEPERIENCE.
maxant12307

Postby ladybug on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:06 am

maxant12307 wrote:I HAVE GOT TO TELL YOU ALL HOW VERY WRONG YOU ALL ARE ABOUT TRANSAM. I EARNED A DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION THROUGH ANOTHER SCHOOL AS WELL BUT I BEGAN TRANSAM'S TRAINING PROGRAM AND PASSED IT AND AM NOW DOING PAID WORK FOR THEM AND GAINING THE EXPERIENCE THAT THE OTHER COMPANIES REQUIRE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE I WOULD HAVE STARTED IF IT WASN'T FOR TRANSAM BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE TURNED ME AWAY SAYING I DIDN'T HAVE THE REQUIRED 2+ YEARS EXEPERIENCE.

Who the hell are you trying to fool? All you need to do is Google the name or visit any transcription forum on the internet and you will read hundreds of posts by people who have been ripped off by them. In fact in the last 10 years this is the FIRST ever post I have read IN FAVOUR of this company. Visit every cheesy employment site you can find and you will find them plastered with ads by TransScam looking for people. There's no other company that does that and do you know why? Because they don't have to; people are beating down their doors WANTING to work for them. They don't have to advertise.

AND YOU CAN WRITE IT AS BIG AS YOU WANT TO, NOBODY IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU!!! They are the ONLY company I know of that requires you to spend $400 US on software in order to work for them and that tells me that they aren't in the transcription business at all but simply peddling this software program. In fact most companies will suggest that you download either FTR Gold or ExpressScribe with are both FREE!!!!!
ladybug

Postby maxant12307 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Well ladybug I'm sorry so many of you feel this way. All I know is I'm a single mom and was struggling to get my career in transcription started and I recieved my first paycheck from them at the biginning of June. I'm not trying to fool anybody. I just think more people that think they have been ripped off should know that they really weren't and should stick with it and they will pass the tests. I did
maxant12307

Postby ladybug on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Then you're the first because that many people can't be wrong. I have never, ever in 10 years heard of even ONE person in favour of this company until now and that has to mean something. Nobody, until now, has ever come to their defence.

You should go post that one over at www.transcriptionessentials.com and see what happens.

Even if they do pay, there's NO reason for them to have an exclusive transcription system to the tune of almost $400 US that you absolutely MUST have in order to work for them. That is unheard of and it's a rip-off to their contractors.
ladybug

Postby davewalters on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:58 pm

It's interesting to see the differing opinions here. I guess this just reminds us all of the importance of doing our own homework. We can all have different experiences, sometimes even with the same company/person/situation.
To find legitimate at home work visit:

http://www.passiveincomebuilder.info/

CLICK BELOW for direction on how to TEACH ENGLISH ABROAD:

http://www.squidoo.com/the-best-job-in- ... ch-english
davewalters

Postby stormyweather648 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:09 am

Hello-

Okay, I have to say this. In August I was contacted by Transam Associates. After purchasing the software, I came across this site that reports them as a "scam". But, recently I have discovered otherwise and they are not a scam at all. I just passed my first test with them and will be getting my second one soon. The trainer I have is outstanding and always answers my emails immediately.

Yes, the process is slow and time consuming with all the practice files but, in the end it pays off.

So for those of you who claim it is a scam, it can't be further from the truth. Maybe you were unable to pass the tests. Maybe you didn't apply yourselves the way you should have. I don't know what the reasons are or may be but, they are not a scam.
stormyweather648

Postby ladybug on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:16 am

Really, because the dozen or so threads at Workplacelikehome.com (as well as Ripoff Report and others) will tell you otherwise. Here is one of my favourites:

http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/ ... ht=TRansAm

I mean, come, on this many people CAN'T be wrong. Just Google the name.
ladybug

Postby stormyweather648 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Lady bug,

I did google the name, and yes, there are numerous negative comments. But , I can only speak for myself and my experience I have had so far with Transam. I have to say all the negativity had me up in arms but, as for my own experience with them so far, it hasn't been bad at all. :)
stormyweather648

Return to Work at Home Scam Reports