Rules We Must Follow

Direct any feedback or comments on our site here. We're always looking to improve and value your opinions.

Learn about the exciting things to come from WhyDoWork.com!

Rules We Must Follow

Postby Marc Meole on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:43 am

Avertisements

Whydowork.com has always been a great place to learn and share. It's been more than just a forum, it's become a community. I know, I've been here since the forum began (almost) I want to keep it a great place.

So, Here are some rules we really need to go by:

1. No affiliate links in post - Affiliate links will be removed from posts. If you repeatedly break this rule, you will be banned. Feel free to mention all of the programs you wish. If you see a program that you are interested in it would be nice if you email or pm the person and ask for their link.

2. No arguing - We are all adults here. We are responsible enough to start our own online business. We can have intelligent debates without arguing or "flaming". All argumentative post will be deleted at the discretion of the Admin and Mods.

3. Signatures - Just use common sense. You may put affiliate links in your signatures. We don't need 30 different affiliate links or huge oversized banners. Let's keep it simple. Images in signatures are not permitted, and signatures must be no larger than 5 lines of text.

4. Multiple Accounts - Mods and Admins have a little button that can tell us if you have duplicate accounts. We don't want to see multiple accounts used to advertise your products. All duplicate members will have their accounts deleted and IP addresses banned.

5. No Blatant Advertising! - If your post is just an advertisement or something that looks like a legitimate post but is really just an advertisement in disguise it will be deleted. Do it enough and you will be banned! This especially goes for people that don't have very many real and legitimate posts already. Only if someone has been here for a long time and has proven themselves as a very helpful member then maybe I can understand an advertisement or two on rare occasions.

Someone that "has been here for a long time" = at least a year.

Someone who has "proven themselves as a quality member" = at least 500 QUALITY posts. Not just one liners, ads, or anything else that doesn't really add anything of value to the forum.

And "occassional ad on rare occassions" = maybe 3 or 4 per year.

6. No Multiple Posting of the Same Post - Find the ONE best section of the forum for your post and leave it at that.

7. If you have a problem with someone on the forum, please handle it amongst yourselves. Use the PM feature, or email, hey call each other on the phone and yell it out. If you live close enough get together and have an arm wrestling match;

Just leave it off the boards.

ANY member of this forum attacking another member of this forum, on this forum (I think that makes sense) WILL BE BANNED!!!!

8. No doing this -- Writing a post and then asking people to check out your signature or asking them to message you for more information. That's the same as advertising. Your post will be deleted.

9. Please also read this post explaining more reasons why your post might be deleted: why-was-post-deleted-answer-here-t31126.html

Thanks,
Moderators and Admin
Last edited by Marc Meole on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marc Meole

Sponsored Advertisements

re: Rules We Must Follow

Postby swagen on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:44 am

swagen

Postby ladybug on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:32 am

Thank God! Now, let's people actually read those suggestions and follow them.

And just one more suggestion:

Anyone heard of???

PLEASE give a link. Don't just ask if anyone has heard of ABC Company. If we have a complete link we can research it.
ladybug

Postby Trent Brownrigg on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:40 am

Very good Marc! I hope people actually follow these rules.

And I want to add one more that goes along with your #1...

No Blatant Advertising!

If your post is just an advertisement or something that looks like a legitimate post but is really just an advertisement in disguise it will be deleted. Do it enough and you will be banned!

This especially goes for people that don't have very many real and legitimate posts already. Only if someone has been here for a long time and has proven themselves as a very helpful member then maybe I can understand an advertisement or two on rare occasions.
Trent Brownrigg

Postby Marc Meole on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks Trent, I made it #5 :wink:
Marc Meole

Postby mandyj on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:30 pm

nice set of rules :)

I'm also suffering from the fact that i spend most of my time deleting instead of posting
mandyj

Re: Rules We Must Follow

Postby Lady Silverwood on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:04 pm

mgm75 wrote: This especially goes for people that don't have very many real and legitimate posts already. Only if someone has been here for a long time and has proven themselves as a very helpful member then maybe I can understand an advertisement or two on rare occasions.

Thanks

I just "snipped this part" because I like it! I like it that if you've been here a bit and proven yourself, that a rare posting is okay.

That's very fair, and Thank you. Sorry I didn't catch that part before. :oops:
Lady Silverwood

Postby swagen on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:10 pm

And still, while I have over 1600 posts, I don't abuse this.
swagen

Postby brucegogs on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:25 pm

Sorry was not sure of the rules, I just signed up, I will follow them all for now on, thanks.
BF Enterprises
Distributor for Synergy Worldwide
"Health, Wealth, and Wisdom"
http://www.healthyoptions.mysynergy.net
brucegogs

Postby dfrntstuf on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:08 pm

I am a little confused. My understanding of this forum is that there is to be no blatant advertising. I started a new thread last night, introducing Agloco.com to the forum. I just logged on to check on the thread and see if there was any interest and what should I find between my introductory post and the first response, by Ladybug, but a banner ad promoting Agloco.com. What gives, can someone explain? I can only assume that this is a paid ad.
Possibly someone can enlighten me.

At any rate, this does strengthen my case, that, as I stated in my first post, there is a major promotion going on for Agloco.
Dfrntstuf
---------------------------

http://Iphonesitereviews.blogspot.com/
dfrntstuf

Postby cho on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:13 pm

After the first post in every topic non paying whydowork.com members will see an ad. More than likely that Ad is coming from google adsense which is our primary means of supporting the site. Otherwise it is forum targeted advertising (5 keywords for $75 per month). The ads generate ads relevant to topics on the page you are viewing that is why you are seeing Agloco ads. Members cannot post ads themselves.
cho
Site Admin

Postby Grandy3 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi, I'm Grandy3 - I'm brand new and utterly confused!! Is there a dictionary somewhere that explains terminology used?
Grandy3
Grandy3

Postby aryarocks on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:48 am

yes its a neccessity.

one should obey the rules
aryarocks

Postby Sire on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:03 am

Hi I had a post in the 'get paid to' section and it has disappeared. I had thought I had adhered to all the rules, but obviously I slipped up. Could someone please tell me where I went wrong. Also though I have the "notify me when a reply is posted" ticked I never get any replies.
Buy Online Lotto Tickets
Wassup Blog
Top Sexual AidsMy blog on sexual aids, aimed at helping the sexual experience of married couples.
Sire

Postby whydowork-notused on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Greetings Sire,

The problem is here:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
(reason: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to theelusivepotofgold.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
<[email protected]>... Deferred: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
<<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue

Please check your SPAM filter settings
whydowork-notused
Site Admin

Return to Announcements & Suggestions