Work at Home Jobs - Options for Professionals

Submit your own articles for consideration and get feedback from the community.

Work at Home Jobs - Options for Professionals

Postby NaomiClarke on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:23 am

Avertisements

I wasn't sure what to think about work at home jobs when I first got started. I worked as an attorney before I became a full time stay at home mom. When I wanted to reenter the workforce from home, I thought my only options would be typing or transcription jobs. I was concerned that I could not utilize my professional skills and talents. The truth is, there are options for you that will allow you to apply yourself, exercise your mind and feel challenged by the job so that you can feel fulfilled. Here are some examples:

Virtual Assistant

Some virtual assistants are business owners, but some work for virtual assistance companies. I advocate starting out with a company, so that you can get access to steady clients, training and guaranteed paychecks. The great thing about working as a virtual assistant is that there are so many skills that you can learn or utilize on any given day that this job will keep you on your toes. It's the ultimate multitasking work at home job. In one day you can go from solving technical problems for your clients, to writing tweets, to advising clients in phone meetings to creating products in shopping carts. You will also be given opportunities to run portions of your client's businesses, which can help to satisfy your entrepreneurial desires until you are able to run your own business. Clients will value your education and work background as a professional, and depend on you far more than they would a secretary.

Customer Service

You will get bored quickly working as a phone receptionist if you are a professional. There are other options that can actually lead to fulfilling work, and that's providing customer service from home. Some companies need smart workers to provide solutions and support to customers via email, phone or both. These work at home jobs often require you to do research to find answers for customers, analyze facts to provide solutions or direct customers to the next step, and it may even require you to provide some counseling. It can be an amazing outlet for you if you feel isolated at home, because of the interactions that you'll have with adults on a regular basis. If you enjoy speaking and counseling, or if you utilized those skills in your prior profession, then you'll appreciate the opportunities that a work at home customer service job presents.

Editor

You can edit from home as a freelancer or an employee for publishing or content creation companies. It's another great gig if you're a lifelong learner and need to be intellectually challenged. You can work for a company that manages various websites with articles on a wide range of topics. If you prefer longer projects, then editing for book publishers would be a good fit. Unlike customer service jobs, editing is the perfect option for you if you're an introvert. You'll work hard to improve the writing that's assigned to you and most if not all of your communications with your employers or writers will take place via email.

This is not an exhaustive list of work at home jobs for professionals. I've chosen these to get you thinking about your options and to assure you that you can stretch yourself working a home job. No matter what job you find, it's important to make sure that you can grow, learn something new and apply yourself.
NaomiClarke

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: Work at Home Jobs - Options for Professionals

Postby kaytav on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 am

Very well explained, work at home jobs are really nice if you need some extra money or you are a jobless person and for house-wives it's a really good thing, liked for what you typed, good sharing.. Thanks for it :)
kaytav

Postby mselah17 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:28 am

Hi,junction of working professionals and companies providing Freelance Jobs, Freelance Projects and Work from Home options to working.Freelance Projects and Work from Home options to working professionals/freelancers on a part time.thanks
mselah17

Postby wealthyaffiliate on Sat May 07, 2011 7:30 am

Nice research you have done. Thanks for the information. Online jobs may be beneficial also for the college going students. They can also earn extra money and they can do it better as they apply there fresh minds and what they are studying in colleges. Secondly the person who are already in profession, can also do this to earn extra money. And this works best for the house-wives.
Read this Wealthy Affiliate Review BEFORE you purchase your subscription and find out for yourself whether it offers a legitimate make money online opportunity or if it's just another SCAM.
wealthyaffiliate

Postby Blazerd on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:58 am

The above given articles are really well-written and worth reading. I found many more such interesting articles of Work at Home such as "Work at Home Job – Top 5 Reasons Why a Work at Home Job is Convenient", etc.
at workathomecrossing.com
Attorney Jobs - Browse Law Jobs, Legal Jobs and Partner Jobs from the Best US Legal Job Recruiter.
Blazerd

Return to Work at Home Articles