If you woke up with no money, how would you start over?

Have questions about a certain affiliate program? This is the place to find answers. Learn what affiliate programs are hot, and how to get the most out of your efforts. Discuss affiliate conversion rates, payouts, profitability, customer service and more.

If you woke up with no money, how would you start over?

Postby criscato on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 am

Avertisements

Hi fellow marketers,

I was just thinking about this the other day. I was wondering, what if these so called internet gurus woke up one day and lost all their money except for maybe $300. I wonder what they would do.

I know there are some successful internet marketers out here so my question to you is, if you were to start your online business over again, what exactly would you do? Would you start with blogging, article marketing, build your website/squeeze pages again. I am just curious as to the exact steps you guys would be taking in order to build your business up once again. And remember, you only have $300 left in your bank account.

Have fun and I hope to read some interesting stories!

criscato

Sponsored Advertisements

Re: If you woke up with no money, how would you start over?

Postby lmillwe14 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:52 am

If the internet gurus work up without any money I don't think they would even flinch! They have made it to the top once, and they know exactly how to do it again. It's a bout being a leader. If they have build good relationships and teams, they will stick together and the leader will lead them to another opportunity!!

If I woke up with no money.. I would do the same thing I've been doing :) learn 20% of the time and market 80% of the time. Stay educated, stay focused on your goals and the money will follow!

Great post!

- Lark Miller
Over 72 Free Marketing Tips and Tricks ==> http://www.larkmiller.com

Free Social Media Training ==>http://tinyurl.com/WA2012

Belly Dancer Ottawa ==>http://www.bellydancerottawa.com
lmillwe14

Postby gowriter on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 pm

If I knew then what I know now, and I had to start all over, I'd take my $300 and invest in Chris Farrell's program. Get the basic skills to make money online, build a list, and proceed forward.

Also...

I would make more use of paid social networks and residual-income content writing sites.
gowriter

Postby AJParker on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:08 pm

criscato wrote:Hi fellow marketers,

I was just thinking about this the other day. I was wondering, what if these so called internet gurus woke up one day and lost all their money except for maybe $300. I wonder what they would do.

I know there are some successful internet marketers out here so my question to you is, if you were to start your online business over again, what exactly would you do? Would you start with blogging, article marketing, build your website/squeeze pages again. I am just curious as to the exact steps you guys would be taking in order to build your business up once again. And remember, you only have $300 left in your bank account.

Have fun and I hope to read some interesting stories!

If I wake up tommorrow morning having no money to spend and have to start all over again, I would be still doing the same thing.

Why?

As I have learned all the internet marketing stuffs before this, I don't have to go through the learning curve again. I just have to keep up to date and learn from my previous mistake.

There are only 2 things I will change: goals and plans.
My Blog On Affiliate Marketing.I Have Created With An Intention To Provide Quality Contents.
Here Is My Review On An Internet Marketing Training Program Of Which I Am A Member.
AJParker

Postby criscato on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Good feedback so far. I do agree with Lark, you do need a good leader in order to succeed, not just for online business but for anything in life really. We need good leaders in order to have some sort of order and success in life and in this world. We need good presidents, good military leaders, good church pastors/priests doesn't really matter, as long as you preach the right attitude and have the right mindset anything is possible.

Let's hear some more people.

Gowriter, are you a member of Chris Farrell as well? I didn't get to check your link, I just remembered you mentioned his name. I am a member of his and so far, he's the only one that has kept me as a member. I usually cancel my membership after a month since most are not worth it, but this guy rocks! I have learned a lot from him and his teachings are well versed! Very easy going, very genuine and his videos are way too easy to follow. He explains everything so well. I really feel blessed I found his site. How about you?
criscato

Postby Matthew on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 am

To build a website and host it for 1 year I'd budget $12.
I'd use Wordpress as the core (free) and sign up for $1/month hosting.

Next I'd choose something I was extremely passionate about to be the core of my business, but also something that other affiliate marketers would find use of as well.

I'd start building my product. In this fictional case, since I like online advertising and it seems like location based services are all the rage, maybe I decide to make a wordpress plugin that detects what city your visitors are from and serves them up ad's with a local flavor.

I'd create a snazzy sales page on the blog announcing that an amazing new local ad serving plugin was coming soon and that it would drive up conversions.

In parallel with programming the product, I'd write up a ton of articles, submit them everywhere, and get some link juice and page strength for the site.

When I launched I'd price it at $29, and offer it up for affiliates to sell with 60% commission.
I'd use the $288 I still have left to buy 2-3 blog reviews on semi-popular affiliate marketing and 'make money online' blogs.

If it worked, I'd know in the first two or three days, if it didn't, I'd grab a cup and go stand at the closest busiest street corner :lol: :lol:
Search for work at home jobs
**This account is personal. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my employer.**
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby NainaPriyanka on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 am

Experience Makes A Men Perfect :)

One Day, i woke up and found my AdWords A/C Banned which drive 100% of my Business.
So, we need to start it all again...

Its Life...
Want To Lose Weight Fast & Easy; Try Acai Optimum...
:D http://www.acai-optimum.com/ :D
:D http://hubpages.com/hub/Acai-Optimum-Scam :D
NainaPriyanka

Postby linda sweetfield on Sat May 01, 2010 5:42 am

Hi,

New here:) but I saw your post and I have some hard won general advice that might be of use to you. I have been a full time Imer for three years now. The problem that beset me at the start, and I am sure the great majority of people here before they went on to have success was Guru List Syndrome, GLS:) Basically I was subscribed to every list in the known universe and as a result of my naviety would be bombarded with "shiny, must have, make millions yesterday with your eyes closed and all limbs bound" type breathless emails. This took a while to figure out because when you are new to all of this you buy, read, get excited, draw up a plan and are just about to implement when BAM next email and you think, ohhh, that could help/speed up/be cheaper than my current plan. How to break this??? UNSUBSCRIBE from every guru list you are on. Today. I can think of TWO, maybe guys who lists I stayed on in the end and are worth damn. The rest simply bombard your inbox into submission and you will jump from branch to branch until six months have passed and you have the square root of nothing to show for it:)

1. Get a plan, any plan, something that makes 10 bucks a day. Stick with it till it makes 10 bucks a day every day for a month.

2. Scale it, outsource it.

3. Invest into your next plan.

From experince, most things in IM take 30 - 90 days to bear fruit, I don't mean the quick money makers we all have in place, I mean an actual business. In relation to your mindset points, which are well made, I found that the first touch of success tended to focus the mindset no end. I have a book here somewhere, somewhere:), which offers some practical beat the procrastination type advice. I will dig it out and post on it

Now in answer to your question directly though:

1.I would join Stompernet for one month, $250 a month, remembering to cancel before the month is out:), I would find the most out there money making ideas that work on there, like cutting edge stuff, maybe get some on bhw too.

2. I would take 10 of the best, video them, offer five to the warrior forum as a wso for free, that costs me $20, build my list quick that way, then drip feed the other five to my new list at a set price or membership

3. Hey presto, on my way again:)

I actually have a file somewhere on my hard drive of back up ideas like this......that gets me thinknig lol
linda sweetfield

Postby criscato on Sun May 02, 2010 1:04 am

Good post Linda. I actually did the same thing and unsubscribed to a lot of these so called internet guru's. Most of them will just email you "the next big thing" that will make you money. Just like you, I dwindled my subscription to just two people. one of them is Chris Farrell.

Good feed back from everyone. I actually learned some new stuff here. Keep them coming people!!
criscato

Postby linda sweetfield on Sun May 02, 2010 9:40 am

Hey. I know his stuff actually and its quite good. In terms of "gurus", the only two I would be at all receptive to in terms of anything mail me once a month probably and when I see their stuff come in, I pay attention to it becuase (a) I know its not junk, recycled or just plain rubbish and (b) I can add it to my own aresnal and make money with it. I am not bad mouthing anyone at all, whoevers system works for you and makes you money, thats who you should stick with but 99% of guys are out to take your money. Find a system, unsubscribe, work that system to death and make your first dollar, after that just outsource, scale and you are good to go.
linda sweetfield

Postby Marc Meole on Sun May 02, 2010 11:51 pm

This is a great topic...

Well..this has happened to me...and when I say no money...I really mean zero...not even enough for hosting... so here is what I did do:

Start creating blogger blogs like mad....

1. Jump on clickbank and see what is selling..pick a product
2. Research some keywords
3. Get some quick free content...Thank you Public Domain
4. Set up a free blog at blogger
5. Add content and my hop link from clickbank
6. Promote:
Bookmarking, forums, blogs, etc

wash, rinse, repeat
Marc Meole

Postby DRK on Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 pm

For me it just depends on if I felt like selling services to businesses or hiding in my bat cave.

If I had more time and I was broke I would do local google map search optimization. I can charge a lot of money for it and if you know what you're doing it's not that time consuming.

If I felt like being anti-social, I would build mini sites with highly targeted keywords and build lists or promote products.

First one is a lot of money up front, second one is set it and forget it.
FREE Home Security System - $99 Installed - Call 877-467-7226
or visit Best Home Security System
DRK

Postby comet4321 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:15 pm

DRK wrote:For me it just depends on if I felt like selling services to businesses or hiding in my bat cave.

If I had more time and I was broke I would do local google map search optimization. I can charge a lot of money for it and if you know what you're doing it's not that time consuming.

If I felt like being anti-social, I would build mini sites with highly targeted keywords and build lists or promote products.

First one is a lot of money up front, second one is set it and forget it.

Great post!

I respect this post and it is very true about what you said in regards to the contrast between social and anti-social aspects of internet marketing. I for some time have been using a money making system that intially cost me about $220. It was and is contructing mini sites that can bring me a residual income. They can be very profitable if you can build them fast and repeat the process. Each domain name will cost me anywhere from $5 -$14 dollars a year plus an 8 dollar a month hosting plan for unlimited domains paid 2 years up front. If you can then make a dollar or two a day from google ad sense (easy to do) off of one site imagine what you could make with 100 of those sites, 200 or even 1000! Once you've understand this entire process in to building a highly targeted website you will start to reap the benefits in a short period of time and then start multipying. However, I now yearn for more; the anti social piece is driving me nuts. I now have decided to attempt my hand at forums. It took me some time to learn how to build the forum, maintain it and give a somewhat of a design. It is still not perfect but I have high hopes of my first online social network that gives me a challenge. It may make barely any money at all but it will always be my favourite site, by far.

Do something you love doing and you will succeed at internet marketing!

Kevin
comet4321

Postby photomom04 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Im with everyone else.. I would do what I do but better and smarter. I already know there are lots of income avenues that I miss out on. I would focus on those.. article writing (regularly), advertising.. etc..
photomom04

Postby linda sweetfield on Tue May 04, 2010 4:16 am

This is a great thread. In the interests of IM brotherhood, or sisterhood in my case lol, I will share something I have recently tried out. I have a large list of subscribers, about 50k plus at this stage but I am an utter fanatic for tweaking my squeeze pages to increase my lists still further.. Basically I give away my most ninja tip, I mean the really money stuff in a two paragrapgh or a min video on the page, then I move them along to a second page, in this one I elaborate on it and move them onto the next page which is a seamless seuge into the aff offer, by that I mean as much as possible same text look, same page layout, same graphics etc. Now, this is somewhat of a departure because for a long time, I have a list of nearly 50k subscribers, I used to get my prospects into a seven - fourteen day e course but after a long conversation with another IMer, they made the very reasonable point, that on landing on my page that is when the prospect is most engaged and ready to buy. Think of it from their point of view, day 1 - "I like the stuff this gal sends out....Day 3 - "I must get around to that".....Day 6 - "I wish they would stop sending me stuff really" and they are very far from buying. Now, this may fly in the face of a lot of what we normally do, long term relationship building but I have noticed my opt-ins and conversions have gone up on this - Two caveats - You must bowl them over with the first thing you tell them on the page, I mean that has to be a nugget of IM gold that they would have paid for - Secondly - The aff offer does not even have to be that closely related to the tip or area, so long as you move them through the two pages and onto the offer page. From what I have seen thus far, they are hot to buy on it. Granted this is not conventional, sell first etc but it works and I get them on my list and I treat my list like gold, so good sale and an email maybe once a month after if I see something that is of use to them. If you are just starting out building again, ad-swaps, low repsonse rate though or where I started, WSOs for free to build. Anyway, thats just something I am trying out if anyone wants to give it a shot too
linda sweetfield

Return to Affiliate Marketing